Tires For F150

COOPER U.S.A. MADE TIRES:
1. AT3's are great tires. Get the ten plies.

2. ST. Maxx Great tires that I am now using. A more aggressive tread but not much louder on the highway if any vs the AT3. Again go with the 10 ply tires. I had my ST. Maxx tires siped and I love them. Got around in snow better than the AT3's I have been using.

1615140289690.png

I just put a set of BFG MT's on a 4runner. I've got them on my scrambler but I don't hardly drive it anymore and forgot how awesome the old MT is. Noting cleans out like an MT.

I've also got Hankook Dynapro MT's on my F-350 dually and I really like them. They are E rated.

Mosby

WKR
I have been spending a lot of time looking at tires recently. In reading reviews, it amazes me how many guys buy tires primarily based on how they look on their truck. Of all the things to consider that would be at the bottom of my list. I also could care less how they drive on dry roads or high speed turns. I guess I don't drive fast enough to understand why that would be important for a truck tire. I hunt a lot in areas where it rains, gets a lot of snow and the roads and trails get iced over in fall, winter and spring. I buy tires for the worst of conditions. Fuel prices are going up weekly and tire weight impacts mileage. I drive long distances to hunt, so tire weight is also important to me. Everybody has different priorities when it comes to tires and tires are all about trade offs and compromise. There isn't a perfect tire for all conditions, trucks and drivers and some tires simply suck in certain conditions. I hate buying tires.

Geewhiz

WKR
I got some cooper at3 xlt 10 ply's on my 02 f150. I've only put a little over 1000 miles on them so far. They definitely have a significantly stiffer sidewall than the 6 ply's that were previously on it, but I couldn't care less. Its a truck. I've had them in snow, ice, mud and four wheeling up rough rocky crap and they seam to do well enough. At this point I'd probly buy them again. We will see how they wear.