Tires For F150

b-Rant

FNG
I have about 2000km on the Wildpeaks, they are better on snow,ice and rain then my previous KO2 s. Like mentioned above, they are quieter as well but I do think they have less tread depth as new vs the KO2s. Maybe that’s why they are more affordable? I don’t think you can go wrong with either of those two tires in my opinion.

Fordguy

WKR
I used to run a set of cooper 8 ply on my f150. Years ago- cant remember much about them other than that I really liked them. Truck was a daily driver, used it on road, off road, Michigan winters, and hauled a horse trailer 30 or 40 times a year too. Never had a problem with them, and the Cooper tire dealer told me that if I ever did, I could bring the tire in and he's fix it or replace it for free. I went to the same dealer and bought those same tires until Cooper stopped making them.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have about 2000km on the Wildpeaks, they are better on snow,ice and rain then my previous KO2 s. Like mentioned above, they are quieter as well but I do think they have less tread depth as new vs the KO2s. Maybe that’s why they are more affordable? I don’t think you can go wrong with either of those two tires in my opinion.
They actually have more tread depth than the KO2s. Every BFG I've ever ran has lost considerable grip once tread life got to about 50%. I don't understand the love affair wth them or the DuraTracs aka DuraTrash. 15/32 on KO2s and 18/32 on Wildpeaks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2five7

WKR
Coopers will be the quietest, I've got them in 275/65r20 on my F150 and they've been the best all around tire I've ever owned. We got a foot of snow on my daughters late Elk hunt, had no problem getting around. That said, my new truck will likely get the Toyo AT3, as they don't make the cooper in the size I want.

Honestly, can't go wrong with any tire on that list!

SouthPaw

WKR
Aluminum F150 here. I had LT-E ko2s for the first 75k miles and wont ever use a LT-E on a half ton again. Sure, if you're offroad on gravel and rocks everyday, E load. But for a use case thats 90% on road it's not worth it for the jarring ride and poor braking/mpg/rain performance IMO.

Unfortunately you have 20s, which means no LT-C options. The SL wildpeaks are probably the best for your use case of the options you listed. If you were open to new wheels 17s or 18s, the LT-C options open up which I have found are the best combo of durability and ride comfort for the aluminum F150.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
BigDawgWill44

BigDawgWill44

Lil-Rokslider
Aluminum F150 here. I had LT-E ko2s for the first 75k miles and wont ever use a LT-E on a half ton again. Sure, if you're offroad on gravel and rocks everyday, E load. But for a use case thats 90% on road it's not worth it for the jarring ride and poor braking/mpg/rain performance IMO.

Unfortunately you have 20s, which means no LT-C options. The SL wildpeaks are probably the best for your use case of the options you listed. If you were open to new wheels 17s or 18s, the LT-C options open up which I have found are the best combo of durability and ride comfort for the aluminum F150.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’m thinking of going with the D rated KO2, in the middle of E rated and P rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a fair amount of reading reviews, I settled on the Wildpeak AT3Ws for my 2006 cummins. Immediately after making up my mind, I lucked into a set of Duratracs for the same price. There are better tires out there, but for the money I think you’ve gotta go with the Falkens.

I’ve run a few sets of Coopers, haven’t had the traction issues others have referenced. There’s a set of Discoverer AT3 4s’s on my 1500 right now, and they’re handling the snow fine. The only problem I’ve had with Coopers is they seem more susceptible to cupping or uneven wear. Rotate them often and they’re fine.

Isaac_SBO

FNG
I’ve had great luck with my fallen AT3W so far. Wear is good and they are sticky in the wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurch12

Lil-Rokslider
I am also not a fan of the cooper AT3, yes they have tread wear warranty and you will get 1/2 off on your second set when you only get 20k out of them.
I am now running General grabber ATX. Run great in the snow and mud. Also didn’t decrease the ride much. Ran them 2400 miles on vacation last year on the guest running 70+ mph, not issues.

I would go with the General Grabbers!

Wib

Lil-Rokslider
In the same boat on the same truck. Was thinking either The General tire or Good Year Wrangler with Kevlar. Mostly a road tire for me. Don't know much about the Falken. Any insights on the Good Year?

Im surprised nobody has recommended the goodyear duratracs! I have over 45k on mine with my 2018 and i think im gonna replace them before next fall to be on the safe side. It was between them and the BFG ko2's for me, since its mostly my daily driver for construction but i do go off road frequently and wanted something good in the snow with low road noise. A few of my buddies have the same ones, and 2 of them had ko2's before them and they both like the duratracs more

ChiefO

FNG
I’ve had good life and performance out of KO2’s but my current set is the Falken AT3’s and I’ve been happy so far.

I am kind of a tire geek.
I had Michelin AT2s for years.
Great tire, kind of expensive, and they were P-metric on a Toyota Tacoma (no reason to put a truck tire on a Toy, I drove basalt constantly and never had a puncture).
Bought a 2015 F150 SC with the 6.5' bed and went tire shopping.
The goal was more aggressive year round tread, low noise, good wear.
I also wanted to increase the diameter but not the width (hate the childish BIGGER WIDER BETTER! look plus I drive in snow and ice and know the wider tire is less grip and control).
I bought the Falken AT3W in 275/70/18 E rating for something like $700 on sale from Discount Tire.
First, they're heavy...62lb per and you can feel it right away.
Second, they're comfortable and QUIET.
The shop inflated them to 36psi per the door sticker and they were like marshmallows.
I like to run them 40 cold and they firm up a bit but not harsh at all.
Decent grip on snow and ice although the Michelins were better.
I've had the Falkens for 30k and they are wearing very well.
Likely to get another 20k at least.
I run AT2s on my 2WD Expedition. Moving to a 4WD soon. If money was no object, and street driving 11 months of the year, one month on snow, gravel roads, some mud, would you choose the Michelins?

I run AT2s on my 2WD Expedition. Moving to a 4WD soon. If money was no object, and street driving 11 months of the year, one month on snow, gravel roads, some mud, would you choose the Michelins?
Yes.
I really like Michelin tires and think the tread patter is better for snow and ice.