Titanium cookware experience

Clarence

WKR
Anyone have any experience with the cheap titanium cookware on Amazon? Looking for a fry pan for cooking pancakes on top of my titanium woodstove. A few definitely Chinese companies on Amazon with offerings (goody luck). Would be for weekend backpacking trips. Not oz. Counting, but not strapping the lodge to my pack

Wrench

WKR
Never tried the frying pan, but my set boils the crap out of water for coffee and mountain house meals.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Man it’s hard enough cooking pancakes in a non stick pan, if you can get them to come out in one of those cheap titanium pans I’d be thoroughly impressed!

OP
Clarence

Clarence

WKR
Think I will give the fry bake alpine pan a try. Looks like it should work...and Patrick Smith uses them so I'm sure it's solid kit! Thanks guys for getting me to dig a little deeper.

mlgc20

WKR
The titanium fry pan for pancakes doesn't work. I've even tried it at home where I can really control the temp. I moved to the MSR Flex Skillet for frying. I use it mostly for eggs and bacon. But, it can handle pancakes as well. And the weight penalty over the titanium is worth it IMO.