Titanium cup/mugs

Tbuckus

WKR
I’m looking to get a cup for my backpacking/ hunting stove. Mainly to boil water for MH meals and for drinking coffee if the need wants.
I’ve been searching around and my mind gets overblown with options/brands out there.

What are you guys using/recommend? Lid, no lid? Type of handles?

snow peak has been my go to. 450ml if i just want a cup or sometimes i bring my soloist cookset.

Jbehredt

WKR
Picked up a toaks 550 this year to replace my GSI soloist. Nests a Soto amicus or msr micro rocket with a small fuel canister. Has a lid that fits loosely so I keep it in the cinch type stuff sack to keep it all together.

TravisIN

WKR
I just got a Toaks 550 with lid. I think I paid 24 bucks and I think it’s lik 2.8 oz or something. Holds the smaller fuel canisters too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backyard

WKR
Does the titanium transfer heat like the other non-titanium? I find it hard to drink my coffee without burning myself on the metal itself, and having to wait for it to cool so that I don't, resulting in some cold coffee. I have an old school sierra cup that is made of 2 different metals, one that doesn't transfer the heat so much is around the lip of the cup allowing you to put it to your lips when the contents are piping hot straight from the burner. But it doesn't nest very well with my kit so I don't carry it anymore. Looking for a more traditional mug made like this.

*zap*

WKR
The gsi microlite 500 flip top makes a great drink cup and works well for on the go....not for stove top but keeps liquids hot for a long time and seals e-z so no knocked over mug for in camp and throw it in a cargo pocket for hiking. Very happy that I purchased one. The 1000 twist top makes a great small thermos.

PNWGATOR

WKR
The MSR titanium kettle has served me well for a long, long time.

The ‘hot lips’ suggestion above is a great recommendation. Didn’t know they even existed until this morning and am going to add them to my cup as it’s a pita when drinking hot liquids.

Beendare

WKR
I've tried a bunch of these cups; Aluminum, plastic, Ti

My problem with the UL single wall metal cups is my coffee cools off to quick.....pretty picky for a guy that is (supposedly) hard core, eh? /grin

Something like that double wall Ti cup ND has or anything double wall is worth the extra ounces, IMO. My favorite cup for going on about 20 years now is just a thick plastic cup. Its not those thin REI stackable jobs but about 1/8" thick plastic with a wide base.

I also have the SS double wall cups that are good too but a little heavy for UL backpacking. I say go double wall.

I have a bunch of various Ti mugs and pots. What stove are you using? Usually it's better to get a larger diameter cup/pot for the type of use you're looking to do. It's a lot more efficient and the sides and handles don't get nuclear hot. Is this just for solo use? Evernew's are very nice and the silicone handles work well. I prefer my coffee to cool off fast, since I can't drink boiling hot things. I put down a mug of coffee pretty fast, so it works well for me.

The 650 Toaks/lid weighs 2.7 oz. and didn’t forget to pick up a pair of hot lips if you’re planning on drinking anything hot out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AK - do you know if a first gen Pocket Rocket/100g fuel will fit into this pot?