Titanium cup/mugs

AK - do you know if a first gen Pocket Rocket/100g fuel will fit into this pot?

Yeah, no problem. This shows it with a PR, hot lips, lighter, and 100g fuel cell.
7660c6fe0ec806d0a77e6d27d65b6b51.jpg

aee7235d634155d2cc0bfb2b2cd21a16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
T

Tbuckus

WKR
I have a bunch of various Ti mugs and pots. What stove are you using? Usually it's better to get a larger diameter cup/pot for the type of use you're looking to do. It's a lot more efficient and the sides and handles don't get nuclear hot. Is this just for solo use? Evernew's are very nice and the silicone handles work well. I prefer my coffee to cool off fast, since I can't drink boiling hot things. I put down a mug of coffee pretty fast, so it works well for me.

I’m using the pocket rocket 2 stove

jmden

WKR
Have used a MSR Titan Teakettle for years. Great for boiling water and with the Snow Peak Hot Lips, pretty good at drinking from as well.

For just a cup by itself, I like the small Snow Peak 10 oz./300mL single wall cup. Use the Hot Lips again. The Hot Lips solve the issue of the hot single wall cups.

Granted the single wall cups aren't great for holding heat long, but you can put them directly on a wood stove, etc. Don't do that with a (heavier as well) double wall cup, you'll melt the insulation.

I run a ti pot and a ti stove.. I think they are both snowpeak.. been 3 or 4 years since I bought em.

Used other people's stuff, but a pot big enough to hold gas cylinder and a double wall mug along with a 100g winter fuel canister is all I need for a 7-10 day hunt. If it's butt cold, wet and I'll be above bushline aka no solid fuel fires, I take an 8oz canister.

Tbuckus,
I asked about the stove, because some stoves sit down farther from the cup/pot. The farther away the stove is from the bottom of the cup, the harder it is to use in any windy conditions. I have a couple of Snow Peak stoves and the Soto Windmaster. The Windmaster is by far my favorite and does decent in the wind. It's not great by any means in the wind, but does fine. Add in a small chunk of windscreen to wrap around your cup and you can run the output lower to help conserve fuel. There are ups and downs to all of them it seems. I've decided this year that I'm just going to bite the bullet and carry the heavier nuclear MSR Reactor. No matter what, that thing does the deed fast.

Backyard

WKR
I would highly recommend the Evernew Titanium Solo Set. The set weighs 5.08 oz. I can fit a 4 oz MSR Fuel Canisters, an MSR Pocket Rocket 2, BIC lighter, fold-able spork and and small pack towel in the Pot. The cup slides over the bottom of the pot.

http://evernew-global.com/products/ulseries/eca278r.html
This set up makes the most sense to me when thinking light and useful. Most of my gear has to be dual use right down to my coffee cup which also serves as the pot cover. I cant see choosing a Ti set for reasons of weight saving that has a lid that is good for nothing other than covering the pot.
I don't have a Ti set, mine is this one (2oz's heavier), chosen for reasons stated, and because I could'nt find a Ti set like this till now. But it's durable and works well so I'll keep it for now.
https://www.traildesigns.com/products/optimus-terra-solo-cook-set

bobhunts

WKR
I just bought a MSI Halulite Minimalist and have no time with it but the specs look good! It has a removable cozy and a silicone finger grabber and a spork at 6.1 ounces. Mind you I have not tired it yet.

EmperorMA

WKR
The Evernew 900ml Titanium Mug Pot works great. It is big enough to pour a cup of coffee and brew up a MH meal in one session, as well as hold a fuel canister and a stove such as the MSR Pocket Rocket Deluxe.
https://www.traildesigns.com/products/evernew-900ml-titanium-ultra-light-mug-pot-eca267

Add a Snow Peak 450ml Titanium Double Wall Mug and sip your hot coffee (without your lips getting burned) while your dinner cooks up in its pouch.
https://www.backcountry.com/snow-peak-titanium-double-wall-cup-450

*zap*

WKR
GSI microlite 500 flip top is very good to put hot liquids into for drinking......very light and keeps stuff hot for a long time. It is not for use on a flame, thou.

mtnhmr

FNG
Find a mug that a nalgene will nest into. Of course, you would have to be using a nalgene to begin with.

I place the mug in a waist belt pouch and a nalgene slides in perfectly.

Toaks 750 mug and lid for water and cooking ramen and a 450 cup for drinks the cup makes it easier to drink as it's not as hot and your drink doesn't taste like what you have cooked

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I gave up several years ago trying to use one cup/pot for everything now I carry an evernew .9 TI pot and 2 paper cups from the gas station 😉 With 2 together you get good strength, insulation, super lite and my pot does not coffee plus I can enjoy my coffee while I'm heating for my meal

Backyard

WKR
I gave up several years ago trying to use one cup/pot for everything now I carry an evernew .9 TI pot and 2 paper cups from the gas station 😉 With 2 together you get good strength, insulation, super lite and my pot does not coffee plus I can enjoy my coffee while I'm heating for my meal
This is the reason that I opted for this set up, I only wish I could find the same in Ti. I heat my water for both my coffee and meal at the same time in the pot.
https://www.traildesigns.com/products/optimus-terra-solo-cook-set