Titanium cup/mugs

ChrisAU

WKR
Anybody use the same Toaks to boil water for dehydrated meals at night and for coffee in the morning? Thinking a little coffee tint to my mac and cheese would be worth the weight and mass savings of just a 550ml toaks. I have a 650 ml toaks, using an esbit tablet last night I boiled about 2.5 cups of water with one tablet in 13 minutes last night. The most I need for one meal is 1 1/3 cups and for coffee 1 cup.

Anybody use the same Toaks to boil water for dehydrated meals at night and for coffee in the morning? Thinking a little coffee tint to my mac and cheese would be worth the weight and mass savings of just a 550ml toaks. I have a 650 ml toaks, using an esbit tablet last night I boiled about 2.5 cups of water with one tablet in 13 minutes last night. The most I need for one meal is 1 1/3 cups and for coffee 1 cup.

I use mine for everything, water for freeze dried meals, coffee in the morning, and cocktails at night. I’ve never had my meals taste any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Floorguy

WKR
what I did this last trip me and my hunting partner were sharing the stove and cup for boiling and both had the @$1 silicone collapsible cups from walmart. We only boiled water in the Ti cup. I went with cold breakfasts for the first time ie probars and oatmeal bars but had coffee, he did oatmeal but no coffee.

I have a Snowpeak 700 iirc I put the stove and fuel canister in it and then left the snowpeak lid at home and the collapsible mug fit snug like a lid and collapsing it in it made it so nothing was rattling around.

1967marti

FNG
I bring the 750 with the 500 nested inside. Makes for a good combo to eat and drink hot food/drinks at the same time. I tend to use the big iso-fuel cans from walmart, so I haven't put the effort into trying to nest the fuel and stove inside a larger cup.

I’ve got a sno-peak that I nest a Nalgene bottle in, use this 99% of the time I go out. I also have a couple of smaller MSR ones that can nest a 20oz Nalgene or similar bottle.

ChrisAU

WKR

Just to report back, my Toaks 550 did everything I needed it to do flawlessly last week. All meals, all coffees. Used it as a stove pot and as a cup.

Backyard

WKR
Do you know if the reversable cup/lid takes longer to boil water than a flat top lid? In any case, looks like a good setup.
No idea as I don't bother covering it. Only takes a minute or two anyway.
I know I can drink coffee or whatever out of the cup as I'm eating my oatmeal out of my pot. Try doing that with a lid. ;)

Mosby

WKR
On hunts when I don't want to carry weight, I have GSI Minimalist with a Mini bull designs alcohol stove. I don't remember what it weighs but not much.

For longer hunts, my primary cookset is the MSR Titan with an SS X mug, which fits perfectly in the bottom with a Kovea spider. If it's warm and I am not going to have coffee or tea, I take the X mug out. I am sure there are lighter kits but it works for me and works into really cold weather.

If it is freezing cold, I sometimes add a reflectex cosy to the outside of the Titan. If I am going to be melting a lot of snow for water, that kit with the cosy around it fits perfectly inside a Four Dogs Mors pot. I usually keep the whole kit inside the Mors pot and normally take the whole thing with me in the truck on trips. I like being organized and really like having a system that nests together and gives me options from the truck. The Mors pot is great to have at base camp to boil water for cleaning up too and I use it a lot.

My back up to the above is a 1L MSR Reactor. It isn't light weight but it is simple, bullet proof and nothing boils water faster. In rainy, windy, wet weather I really like the Reactor and just carry the extra weight.

McCrackin

FNG
Anybody know of a double sided titanium mug that a 100g fuel canister will fit down into?

jrol

FNG
Evernew has some nice mugs with folding handles
if you want to eek into pot function with an oversized mug the titanium mug pot 500 is my choice with lid. Otherwise they have a 450 that is similar to a coffee cup.
I may have misunderstood another post, but remember no double wall for use on stove
Snowpeak 600 (AND 450) single wall models are great and a bit more rugged, no lid included.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’ve been using a 650ml Toaks titanium w/lid and it’s working out well for my needs. There may be better options out there but for a basic lightweight cup it might be pretty hard to beat the Toaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s what I have. No complaints.

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I've got a "Bot" from Vargo. It fits a small fuel and my snow peak mug inside. I use a cut down 8"x8" camp towel/chamoise to wrap the fuel in so the whole kit is quiet.

prm

WKR
I’ve used the MSR Titan Kettle for many years. Went to a JetBoil for a year or two, but have gone back to Ti kettle with MSR Pocketrocket. I like the option of having a pot for use over the campfire.

rideold

WKR
I’ve used the MSR Titan Kettle for many years. Went to a JetBoil for a year or two, but have gone back to Ti kettle with MSR Pocketrocket. I like the option of having a pot for use over the campfire.
Same here except I haven't tried the jet boil :). The titan kettle and pocket rocket is simple and it works.

rayporter

WKR
i make mac and cheese in a zip loc. boil the water in the zip loc or add boiling water to the zip loc with the mac in it and let it set. then dump out the water and add the cheese and stir. your cup will stay clean. a few chunks of a spam slice will spice up the mac and cheese.

fuel tabs rock for a hot lunch!