Titanium pot handles too hot - need a solution

tdot

WKR
Offset your pot on the burner so that the flame isn't heating the handles. As long as the pot bottom is wide enough to sit offset on your burner, it keeps them alot cooler.

smitty619

FNG
Offset your pot on the burner so that the flame isn't heating the handles. As long as the pot bottom is wide enough to sit offset on your burner, it keeps them alot cooler.

Pretty much this. Most backpackers use their Buff, as well.
I want to option of using a wood fire to boil water, so I would avoid adding any silicone to the handles.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
Found the solution on a lightweight backpacking site. About $5 on Amazon, a little spritz of silicon lubricant and pow! I tested with an open flame and this is actual silicone tubing and didn’t melt.

Du-Bro 222 3/32" x 2' Medium Super Blue Silicone Tubing https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006MZKJ8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_B7SlFb6RP8K6M

06c1a1d2e72c25a2dcd0f771bd285ac7.jpg

I replaced the bag it came with and wrap my cook set in a bandana and just use that to grab the handles.

Vandy321

WKR
OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
exactly this...did the same on my Ti cup...amazon or a fish/pet store for some silicone aquarium tubing for $3.
Don’t use the fish store stuff. It’s not pure silicone and it will melt. And all the stuff I found was too big anyway.

My toaks doesn’t even have handles. I just grab it with a bandana that I keep with my cook stuff.

I tried to find a wide silicon bracelet but gave that idea up since the bandana is so easy