Titanium Wood Stove Options

I have looked at multiple brands of titanium backpacking wood stoves,
3W
Kifaru
Seek Outside
Lite Outdoors
Based on primarily price, and then weight I am leaning towards the Lite Outdoors direction.
Are there any other options that I should know about?
And does anyone have much experience with the Lite Outdoors stoves?
Thanks

Rotu locaura/ the old TI goat WiFi stoves. Not sure if they’re still making them. You get the benefits of a flat top for boiling water without the weight penalty of a full box stove. I think the new Uturn from seek is worth a look too. I owned the LO but had trouble getting the draft right. In retrospect unless you leave the door open I felt like I didn’t have Enough options for air flow.

I was going to buy a ti goat wifi but they stopped making them for a bit so I made my own copy version and I like it a lot better than the LO. Had a great fall/winter season with it.

OP
Sdsmith1002
Rotu locaura/ the old TI goat WiFi stoves. Not sure if they’re still making them. You get the benefits of a flat top for boiling water without the weight penalty of a full box stove. I think the new Uturn from seek is worth a look too. I owned the LO but had trouble getting the draft right. In retrospect unless you leave the door open I felt like I didn’t have Enough options for air flow.

I was going to buy a ti goat wifi but they stopped making them for a bit so I made my own copy version and I like it a lot better than the LO. Had a great fall/winter season with it.
I have entertained the idea of making my own stove, do you have any specs as far as materials of cost of building the one you did?

I have entertained the idea of making my own stove, do you have any specs as far as materials of cost of building the one you did?

OP
Sdsmith1002
Thank you!

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
FA4B1FBE-D2F5-4D2A-9022-49337D4EFFB3.jpegB380BAFE-377B-4FFC-A524-A87655C0480D.jpeg7166B681-8464-4118-A973-E44A682310A1.jpeg8C33AB31-7D24-4DFC-8FCB-F526A0EB3EA2.pngBeen running my lite outdoors stove for two years about 25 backcountry days with it what questions do you have?

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
Before buying a stove for my tipi I did a lot of research and found to many reviews for warped cylinder stoves and you cant cook on them very easily. I ended up buying a seek outside lg stove and I cant find anything negative about the stove. I would advise checking the spark arrester before starting a fire though. Great little stove.

reaper

WKR
Go with a seekoutside,better design in every ways.
884a421ed5c9f8aaad136b1564d41284.jpg
6947bdec0afde68a774bdde8430ae6ca.jpg
930ded6f26df12fb24836c48661f5f63.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

Wrench

WKR
I have the Kifaru medium and the big Lite. The LO is a bit more if a pain, but delivers a huge amount of stove for the money. The Kifaru is quite a bit heavier and smaller with s few parts that could be lost. It also is bombproof and my choice if I'm hauling it on my bike or horse.....unless it's going to be quite cold. The 18" stove is much easier to get wood for and holds heat like a mofo.

OP
Sdsmith1002

Napperm4

WKR

I’ve done a few DIY and the cost is basically more or the same as any of the cylinder stoves on the market.

That’s with my discount on materials because I supervise a few machine shops. If you don’t have tools, gonna cost more

Napperm4

WKR

I’ve done a few DIY and the cost is basically more or the same as any of the cylinder stoves on the market.

That’s with my discount on materials because I supervise a few machine shops. If you don’t have tools, gonna cost more

Napperm4

WKR
5498f25873536d94cba3c84a49ce5d59.jpg

Lite outdoors is what I ended up with after several DIY’s and looking at other brands.

I have the 12”/18” bodies but don’t use the 18. Too hot, and the 12 packs better.

Easy to “cook” on if you’re just boiling water. I don’t bother with a separate cook stove if packing the wood burner.

Packs down super compact, I have about 75-100 nights of burning it and still looks newish but I treat it with care.

Brennan is a great guy to deal with and offers awesome after sale service should anything go wrong.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
lite outdoors packability very good, setup simplistic just takes time and practice to learn the finer points of assembly for the stove body...first burn crucial to not get too much warpage and don’t over tighten....I should have been a little more careful to not get a little warpage but may have happened anyway as noted it burns like a mother....burn time can get around two hours -2.5 with good dry wood...IMO best to go bigger had a small Kifaru before this and simply had to stoke it too much.....looks like the 12 inch lite Outdoors may not warp at all due to short stove body or because Napper treats his stove a little kinder than mine....durability no issues and ready To take it out shed hunting in a few weeks👍B20D8BD5-75D8-44E5-ACC7-5C5B00026269.jpeg

jmike

FNG
I am running the Seek outside Xl in Luxe Megahorn. It has worked great so far. Goes together in just a few minutes and I have been getting up to 3 hours burn time.

Mike

Mediocre Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I am running the Seek outside Xl in Luxe Megahorn. It has worked great so far. Goes together in just a few minutes and I have been getting up to 3 hours burn time.

Mike
I’m looking at this exact setup. How far are you usually hiking in with this setup?

jmike

FNG
We dont normally pack in more than 3 or 4 miles. When you split up the gear between 2 or 3 guys its not a big deal. I am not a super lite weight guy., we just try to get far enough in to eliminate the lazy hunters. We also do not typically move camp every day either.

A buddy and I have a Seek Outside Titanium stove, and I don't have any complaints. However, after looking at the Lite Outdoors stove, I fear I probably should have gone that route. Not being one to admit that I might have been in error...I like that they are lighter by a pound or two, seem to be a little simpler to set up and that baffle intrigues me as well. If anyone has used one and wants to comment on that baffle as to it it actually holds heat in longer?

reaper

WKR
A buddy and I have a Seek Outside Titanium stove, and I don't have any complaints. However, after looking at the Lite Outdoors stove, I fear I probably should have gone that route. Not being one to admit that I might have been in error...I like that they are lighter by a pound or two, seem to be a little simpler to set up and that baffle intrigues me as well. If anyone has used one and wants to comment on that baffle as to it it actually holds heat in longer?
You are better with your seekoutside stove IMO...its all about the wrappage from the liteoutdoors stove,the weight of the pipe always pushing on the body,the rods tension...i have so much troubles with it because i use them A LOT...not only 3-4 times a year.Box stoves from seekoutside are the best,door design,damper,spark arrestor(ultra),the SXL is really a good size,i set it up in 5 minutes.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk