Titanium Wood Stove Options

I didn’t care for the giant front door of the LO stove. Great idea for adding big lives of wood but also let a crazy amount of embers out of the stove when wood wasn’t in “perfect” condition. When I tried to shut the big door to reduce green wood embers popping out at me it rattled like crazy. After a couple of trips with similar issues I sold it and went with the Smith Cylinder stove. Haven’t had any issues with it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are better with your seekoutside stove IMO...its all about the wrappage from the liteoutdoors stove,the weight of the pipe always pushing on the body,the rods tension...i have so much troubles with it because i use them A LOT...not only 3-4 times a year.Box stoves from seekoutside are the best,door design,damper,spark arrestor(ultra),the SXL is really a good size,i set it up in 5 minutes.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk
Good to know - I guess I didn't think about the weight of the pipe on the wrapped metal could be an issue.

I have looked at multiple brands of titanium backpacking wood stoves,
3W
Kifaru
Seek Outside
Lite Outdoors
Based on primarily price, and then weight I am leaning towards the Lite Outdoors direction.
Are there any other options that I should know about?
And does anyone have much experience with the Lite Outdoors stoves?
Thanks
Lite outdoors

OP
Sdsmith1002
I have looked at multiple brands of titanium backpacking wood stoves,
3W
Kifaru
Seek Outside
Lite Outdoors
Based on primarily price, and then weight I am leaning towards the Lite Outdoors direction.
Are there any other options that I should know about?
And does anyone have much experience with the Lite Outdoors stoves?
Thanks
Just an update here.
I went with the Lite Outdoors 12” stove and I love it. I took it on my spring bear hunt trip a little over a week ago.
We had quite a bit of rain and wind, but we were able to dry out quickly and stay comfortably warm through the night.
Thanks for all the input on this subject

Attachments

• 03FED6FF-4781-4791-8353-F0CDDE3134A6.jpeg
    03FED6FF-4781-4791-8353-F0CDDE3134A6.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 166
  • 1EDF2BEF-1901-4A61-835E-B5A104941983.jpeg
    1EDF2BEF-1901-4A61-835E-B5A104941983.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 167
  • C358C5E0-0CD2-4EDB-B584-7B96CF8632F3.jpeg
    C358C5E0-0CD2-4EDB-B584-7B96CF8632F3.jpeg
    595.3 KB · Views: 169

Blaw

WKR
5498f25873536d94cba3c84a49ce5d59.jpg

Lite outdoors is what I ended up with after several DIY’s and looking at other brands.

I have the 12”/18” bodies but don’t use the 18. Too hot, and the 12 packs better.

Easy to “cook” on if you’re just boiling water. I don’t bother with a separate cook stove if packing the wood burner.

Packs down super compact, I have about 75-100 nights of burning it and still looks newish but I treat it with care.

Brennan is a great guy to deal with and offers awesome after sale service should anything go wrong.

Hey I see we are in the same area, I was thinking the 18" body would be a must for our colder temps around calgary. What tipi are you using and what temps are you using that stove in?

Napperm4

WKR
Hey I see we are in the same area, I was thinking the 18" body would be a must for our colder temps around calgary. What tipi are you using and what temps are you using that stove in?

My tipi is a SO LBO. I have a base / tarp / vestibule and an extra base so it actually varies in size. No complaints at all with keeping warm down into the low -teens up in the Rockies. With the tree selection we have around, I can get pine to burn around 2 hours per load in the 12”. Never felt like I needed more but when the temp dips too low I get the wall tent and big boy stove out

Blaw

WKR
My tipi is a SO LBO. I have a base / tarp / vestibule and an extra base so it actually varies in size. No complaints at all with keeping warm down into the low -teens up in the Rockies. With the tree selection we have around, I can get pine to burn around 2 hours per load in the 12”. Never felt like I needed more but when the temp dips too low I get the wall tent and big boy stove out
thats awesome info thanks!!

I am running the Seek outside Xl in Luxe Megahorn. It has worked great so far. Goes together in just a few minutes and I have been getting up to 3 hours burn time.

Mike
I sure wish I could get my hands on an XL stove.... I have the same set up.

Looking to purchase a Seek XL stove or similar stove.... Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you guys are resting the pipe on the stove body on a LO stove your doing it wrong. Get and extra rod when you order. Put one on either side of pipe at the top and rest the damper handle on the two rods. Now you can cook on it too. Ive had almost every stove out there and the LO is the best (for small stoves). And the baffle will hold way more heat and cut down on escaping embers if your not running a spark arrestor.

I will be going with the 12 inch LO stove as I am in Alberta and they are a local shop. I will make sure to order an extra rod !

Great info

Aaron Warpony

Lil-Rokslider
I have the bigger Lite Outdoors stove and for the weight and money it is a great stove. Can be annoying at times to assemble, but good stove. The box Seek outside stoves are better built and more practical, but you will carry more weight and pay more. If you plan on doing actual cooking on the stove, I would go with the boxed Seek Outside

Ryan R

Lil-Rokslider
I have used my Lite Outdoors stove for a few years. The large door is great for big pieces of wood. Just don't let your expensive jacket touch the stove pipe......

reaper

WKR
Anyone have one of these? https://peregrineequipment.com/accessories/condor-hot-tent-stove.html

Found it locally for much cheaper than the seek outside. Looks to be a little heavier.
I never tried this brand but it looks good.Looks like all box stoves,a damper is key.I'm not a fan of a door with a hinge,I prefer a sliding door and the rain/snow cap either... don't use it,only times I had pin holes on my shelters i was using a rain/snow cover on the pipe...it's bad and I will not use one.The sparks hits the top and sometimes falls back on the shelter leaving a burning hole on it.

I use a ring at the top(from liteoutdoors) by inside the pipe and a spark arrestor screen rest on it in the pipe about 2 inches deep,only use this method in high winds and with bad woods.

View attachment 339864

Attachments

• PXL_20211025_120940661.jpg
    PXL_20211025_120940661.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 38
You are better with your seekoutside stove IMO...its all about the wrappage from the liteoutdoors stove,the weight of the pipe always pushing on the body,the rods tension...i have so much troubles with it because i use them A LOT...not only 3-4 times a year.Box stoves from seekoutside are the best,door design,damper,spark arrestor(ultra),the SXL is really a good sizet,i set it up in 5 minutes.

You must be a pro. I can't get the box assembled in 5 minutes and without quite a few expletives.

reaper

WKR
You must be a pro. I can't get the box assembled in 5 minutes and without quite a few expletives.
Lol,not a pro at all I'm just using my stoves a lot...i recently bought a seekoutside U-turn stove and let me tell you I'm far away from a pro with this *hit...the foil U shape is a PITA to set-up...I can't imagine myself doing this at -20°c with gloves,pretty sure I will kick this thing and built a fire outside

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk