TMA.....wow

Ray

WKR
I guess my karma level is higher than I thought. First time applying for a sheep permit and I'm drawn.....

It will be my first backpack hunt since my childhood on Adak 30 some years ago.

Need boots for sure due to my old man ankles.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats Ray!! A great tag for sure, and awesome motivation too! Can't wait to hear all about it!

bowuntr

WKR
Awesome... congratulations. I'll be moose hunting within sight of the TMA this September. Good luck and get in shape... Ed F

jherald

WKR
Congratulations! Start your cardio workout now! Boots are most important gear of all, find boots comfortable for your own foot and made for alpine hiking.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Congrats Ray...that is a dream hunt of mine....I've hunted it before, but not for myself...would love to go back for sure!!!

Snyd

WKR
Nice....Make it count Ray. You've got the Holy Grail tag. Get those boots and get 50-100 miles on em under a loaded pack this summer! We're rootin for ya!

OP
Ray

Ray

WKR
Well the server swap killed off nearly every post from me over the last three days.

OP
Ray

Ray

WKR
AKalhansensheep72P1011082_zps07e287a4.jpg

Rebuilding the lost posts. Edit: I really hate mobile photobucket.

This ram was taken in 1972. I am using what I know of the story as inspiration for my hunt this year. I hope it inspires others. When I write up my hunt story I'll also include what I know about this ram. It's history has effected everyone that has hunted the TMA since 1974.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member

This ram was taken in 1972. I am using what I know of the story as inspiration for my hunt this year. I hope it inspires others. When I write up my hunt story I'll also include what I know about this ram. It's history has effected everyone that has hunted the TMA since 1974.

Will repost my previous comment to the best of my ability! I am excited to hear all about your training and your hunt Ray, as well as the story of the ram in the photo. I think you are going to have quite the year!!

Your karma must be a whole lot better than mine. I've been putting in for this tag for going on 20 years now, and still a no draw. Any ideas on how to better my karma? I did pull someone out of the ditch last week, maybe this will be reflected on next years tag :) Congrats, and I hope you have a great hunt.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider

Inspiration indeed. I too dream of getting in TMA. Maybe next year...best of luck to you Ray!!

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats an a super tag. I am sure your karma will stay with you in the mountains and you will bring home a sheep like the one in that pic!

Flatbow

Lil-Rokslider
I drew TMA in '07. Dropped off on a ridge at 5000 ft. Can't wait to draw again, would go back to the same place!