To carry a pistol in the backcountry?

always when in the mountains regardless of what elevation. you never know.......... at least its an option, chit happens.

JJHACK

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Wa. State and in Elisrass South Africa
Beastmode,

A concealed weapon permit usually trumps F&G laws. It does in Wa. Or. Id. Mt. Ut. among others.

Also, it's only a no no when hunting during primitive seasons only. So if you were hunting bears and there is no Archery specific season, or any other species where there is no weapon specific license.

This comes up here with the lighted nocks. Primitive seasons for deer no electrical component can be used. However for bears, lions, or any other big game where there is no weapon specific tag specified then lighted nocks are fine, as would it be to carry a firearm.

Of course you are talking about Ca. too! they can be peculiar about things!

Beastmode

WKR
Beastmode,

A concealed weapon permit usually trumps F&G laws. It does in Wa. Or. Id. Mt. Ut. among others.

Also, it's only a no no when hunting during primitive seasons only. So if you were hunting bears and there is no Archery specific season, or any other species where there is no weapon specific license.

This comes up here with the lighted nocks. Primitive seasons for deer no electrical component can be used. However for bears, lions, or any other big game where there is no weapon specific tag specified then lighted nocks are fine, as would it be to carry a firearm.

Of course you are talking about Ca. too! they can be peculiar about things!

Bear archery is during deer archery and I carry then. I am looking into a carry permit. Just not sure if I want to register any of my handguns because they are all hand me downs. In CA you have to register your handguns on your permit. Those are the only gund you can legally carry.

I carry for many of the reasons listed above. But mainly because I only have one life to live and it's kinda hard to use a rifle w/ a cat on your back. Paranoid... no, prepared ..yes.
No griz in my country so it's a 1911 .45 Super or G20 10mm for me.
Do wish they were lighter though, and I have to admit I'd feel just as protected by an UL 38 than nothing at all.
Hunt'nFish

123 4/8 P&Y

Lil-Rokslider
I carry every time I leave the house. I prefer an LCP in a pocket holster. It looks like I have a smart phone in my pocket, even in gym shorts. Last year I went to help call and pack for 2 buddies in WY. I took my 629 with a scope, just in case I saw a wolf. It was a heavy beast to lug around. This year I will be carrying my bow, so I think I'll put my 638 in my left belt pouch. My pocket holster will cover the trigger and I won't put anything else in with it. I know it won't be much more than a noise maker if a bear approaches me. I carry spray too and that would be my first line of defense against bears.

wk93

Lil-Rokslider
I always carry my .40 just in case I run into some tweaker. It's just makes me feel safer. I'm still undecided if I want to step up to a 10mm for having a woods sidearm.