To fly or drive

RO1459

FNG
This will be my 40th year elk hunting and I have driven all but two of those years. The two times I flew it was a major hassle. And that was when flying was easy. Getting there is no problem. It's getting home with your meat that causes problems. The first time, Delta didn't want to ship the coolers with dry ice in the coolers. I had to ship it through their shipping company. The second time I just had it shipped home. More expensive than the cost to fly. Also, flying is just the start. When you get there you will have to rent a four wheel drive and depending on the season, you may even to purchase chains. Now, I take two days, drive and have a great time. By driving, I have everything I want and my own truck.

Enjoy your hunt whichever way you decide to get there.

Having your truck and all your stuff with you is readon enough for me.
I just make sure everything is in tip top shape before heading out. Did crack a wheel last trip but it happens

I am all for driving. So much more freedom to bring everything you need, no fears of airlines losing or mishandling your stuff, can leave whenever you want, etc. 23 hours is a long way, but I’d probably still go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archellon

FNG
My vote is to drive! It is part of the whole experience and in my opinion gives you much more flexibility.