Toe Box

Cutknife

FNG
Last year was reading about and following a bunch of threw hikers, seems to be the preferred shoe in this community Is the Altra. The best thing they liked about them is the toe box, it actually looks like the shape of your foot were other shoes or boots do not.

I picked up a pair last summer to do several 10 to 15 mile trail hikes and they were awesome, if felt very natural and comfortable even after a long hike.

Question....

Does anyone make a boot with a toe box that is the same shape as your foot?

Or maybe the the question is...

is there a reason they make boots with a rounded toe box with the longest point being in the center of the toe box?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
not that I'm aware of, but as long as the toe box has enough room (many won't, especially for me) you'll be good to go

it took a long time, but I finally settled on Crispi Thor's- I'm not 100%, but I think most of the Crispi lineup have pretty roomy toebox's

btw I had a pair of Altras and I did like the toe box room, bit 0 drop just didn't work for me, low drop yes, 0 drop no

Blackbird

FNG
I have a pair of Altra lone peaks and a pair of Lowa Tibets and fell like the toe boxes are very similar in that they have a lot of room for my feet to expand. That would be different for people with different width foot though I'm sure.

OP
C

Cutknife

FNG
The zero drop thing on the Altra’s I can do without also.

When I look at the end of my foot it’s not rounded with the longest point being in the middle like my boot.... the toe end of my foot does not look like the toe end of my boot.

I’m sure the boot makers have a reason, just not sure what it is.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have a pair of Altra lone peaks and a pair of Lowa Tibets and fell like the toe boxes are very similar in that they have a lot of room for my feet to expand.
The Lowa Tibets are the only boots I've ever had where the vertical room in the toe box was just too short. My toes were constantly under pressure. I tried very little tightening with the laces above them but that still didn't fix the problem.

brimow

Lil-Rokslider
Another good anatomically correct shoe brand that I have used is Topo Athletics. They offer 0, 3, 5 mm drops vs just the 0 drop. I switched from Altra to Topo several years ago because I couldn't handle the 0. Topo is my go to for training and running shoes.

I went with the Crispi Wyoming for my hunting boots. Not quite as wide of toe box as the Topo but better than other brands. I also have a narrow long foot so cannot do wide widths because they get sloppy.