Toelke Pika's

hockey7

FNG
I'm thinking of ordering a Pika, and noticed a few guy's are shooting them on this site.
Can you please let me know your poundage, length, and arrow spine that your using.
Thanks!

oldgoat

WKR
Wife's shoots one 35#@28" full length 800 spine with 145gr up front. Don't know what you normally shoot but they will take a weaker spine than a similar weight Whip if that helps. I shoot a Whistler and I think they are pretty similar in how the shelf is cut, 47#@31" and I'm using a 600 spine with 275gr total up front counting insert.

Torian13

FNG
Absolutely can’t go wrong with any toelke bow. My next addition will most likely be the super D at about 57# at 29 and 64 inches.

I don't have anything useful to add but I have just become aware of Toelke bows. Our exchange rate with the Aussie dollar is pretty terrible at the moment but I reckon at some point within the next year or so I'll order a custom-made Pika.

2pc takedown in 54", somewhere around 50# @ 27 inches. I'm only a short bloke so don't need a long draw, and my other bows I have are 45# @ 28 and 54# @ 28, so something right at 50 would fit nicely and be perfect on most things I'd point it at over here.

I just love how small, compact, and smooth they look. That really appeals to me. My Black Widow PCH is a stunning bow but it would almost be considered cumbersome compared to one of those Pikas.

OP
H

hockey7

FNG
The Canadian dollar is in the pits right now also. I have a Lynx longbow that I really like, and wanted a short longbow. I've got a ton of 400 spine arrows, and use 200 up front. Dan said a 56", 56 pound bow would work with my arrows.....so I ordered a Pika. Can't wait 14 months for a Centaur, or any other custom bow. The Pika has peaked my interest for a year, so I basically swallowed the exchange rate and said ...you only live once!

I am a knuckledragger and can't shoot a pika, so no help there... I do shoot a 68" Super D though and can vouch for a well made, smooth, quiet bow that likes heavy arrows.

Rod in SC

FNG
I have a 54" pika 56@28. I draw a little over 27 inches . I shoot a Beman bowhunter carbon in 400 spine cut to 29.5" with a 200 grain point. I use a soft hair rug rest for the side plate so if I used the a hard leather side plate like the one that came on it I'd likely have to use a heavier point. This little bow is as easy to shoot accurately as my longer black widow and border recurves

Cy14561

Lil-Rokslider
I had one a 54” 47# @ 28 I shot a couple deer with it, I liked it to me it was a little picky on arrow spine and kind of tough to tune, but it was probably on me and my crappy release but i Was surprised how nice it shot for being so short.

Grabwad

Lil-Rokslider
I have (2) 54” Pikas.... 56# and 53# I draw right at 28”. My arrows are 29” 500 spine Easton axis trads..

jwal

FNG
I cannot add anything other than this bow is on my short list. Never heard a bad word about Toelke or the Pika.

Wrench

WKR
I bought a 58" Whistler which is very similar to the Pika, but more forgiving. Its gonna make me forget about a lot of other bows.

carmanusa

FNG
I have 2 54” pikas 1 45lbs @ 26” Apache custom grip 1 40lbs @ 28” classic grip. Love them both but admit I like the classic grip! If I was ordering from scratch again I’d try the whistler since it’s his new version and has his latest ingenuity, but all Toelke’s are great.

Wrench

WKR
I have a whip and Whistler, both classic grips and both are fantastic.

I just picked up a 58 50@28 pulling 28 inch whistler, Im shooting 400 spine with 250 grains up front cut to 29 and they are too stiff so I am going to run some 60-65 woodies with 125 up front, about 450 grains per shaft on the woodies so my total arrow weight is going to be about 575 + fletch and nock paint and sealer, maybe more like 600. Anyways, I had never shot a Toelke and I was a little put off by how dainty the tips are...at first I didn't shoot it all that great but after a few days I am shooting really tight groups and its SUPER quiet, fast and an amazing little hunting bow. Im gunna shoot some turkeys and hogs with it and Ill report back when I have some photos. Also as far as the fit and finish its the nicest bow I have ever owned and I have stalker, widow, bear, win win ect...

Wrench

WKR
Talk to Dan or Jared, they'll agree you're too stiff. I shoot the same exact setup and it takes 300 up front on my 30 400's" to come in.

oldgoat

WKR
I just picked up a 58 50@28 pulling 28 inch whistler, Im shooting 400 spine with 250 grains up front cut to 29 and they are too stiff so I am going to run some 60-65 woodies with 125 up front, about 450 grains per shaft on the woodies so my total arrow weight is going to be about 575 + fletch and nock paint and sealer, maybe more like 600. Anyways, I had never shot a Toelke and I was a little put off by how dainty the tips are...at first I didn't shoot it all that great but after a few days I am shooting really tight groups and its SUPER quiet, fast and an amazing little hunting bow. Im gunna shoot some turkeys and hogs with it and Ill report back when I have some photos. Also as far as the fit and finish its the nicest bow I have ever owned and I have stalker, widow, bear, win win ect...
After shooting nothing but toelkes for a few years now, I'm put off by anything without dainty tips!

Any discussion on the Pika has to include the compact Omega Native $500
HERE
I know u have a pretty long draw like I do. You run into bad finger pinch with hows like this or no? I shot a bear super mag a little while back which was tillered to perfection buy a guy we shoot with a lot. I was shocked how smooth and comfortable it was to draw. It definitely didn’t feel like such a short bow.