Toelke whistler

Jayds

FNG
Just getting into traditional archery. 6'5'' 30 inch draw. Thinking about going with the Toelke whistler in 60 inch 2 piece. I'll be mostly hunting deer and elk. Any pros or cons would be appreciated. Also if anyone has one they are looking to move I am in the market.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think there's a couple of guys on here that have those. It wouldn't be my first recommendation for someone just getting started on the trad side of things. I would recommend a longer bow with a set of light limbs in a 3 piece model so you can go up in weight as you get more accustomed to shooting trad gear. I think you'll have a better experience going that route, then add other bows along the way.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I'll ditto the others as far as starting with a longer bow with more mass! And the mass part is probably the most important key of the two. I shoot a 60" Whistler, 47#@31", it's probably my favorite bow to shoot out of all the ones I've owned, but it isn't the most forgiving by far! If you could find a used Toelke Lynx longbow in 64" length, that would be the ticket for your draw length. He doesn't make them anymore. Whistler is a great bow and if that's what your heart is set on, do like you said and get the 2 piece for the added mass and add a Selway Quick Detach Slide On quiver, not the strap on, or a Great Northern, I don't like the GN as much but it comes off easily when you break down the 2 piece bow! Feel free to pm me specifics about the Whistler, I ordered mine as soon as they were available, think it was in the first batch. But probably smarter thing to do is to call Dan and ask! He actually likes talking to customers.

Kentucky

WKR
I received my 2 pc. 58” 51# whistler last week, I draw 28.5” so no real help there. Old goat is right on all accounts, craftsmanship is excellent, turnaround is excellent , I’m VERY happy with It, but I’m not so sure it’s a beginner bow, especially to drop a grand on something you don’t know if suits you or not..
Grab you a used 19” or 21” ILF riser and some Long ILf limbs and give it a go first.

Kentucky

WKR
I put a GN on mine, I have a selway slide on, but prefer GN, to each his own.

Attachments

• E2E879A9-09E2-40ED-BCD3-1AB48D5D11BB.jpeg
    E2E879A9-09E2-40ED-BCD3-1AB48D5D11BB.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 38

Beendare

WKR
I received my 2 pc. 58” 51# whistler last week, I draw 28.5” so no real help there. Old goat is right on all accounts, craftsmanship is excellent, turnaround is excellent , I’m VERY happy with It, but I’m not so sure it’s a beginner bow, especially to drop a grand on something you don’t know if suits you or not..
Grab you a used 19” or 21” ILF riser and some Long ILf limbs and give it a go first.

Yeah, I'm not knocking the bow....toelke makes some nice stuff....

But there you go....an honest man that has one of these....start on something more forgiving....

___

Kentucky

WKR
Yes, the interchangeable grips, and limbs, lets you cheaply dial in what is most comfortable for you.

Kentucky

WKR
And one more whack on the horse, get a light set of limbs.. 35-40# with your draw that would be 40-45#, which would be fine for white tails within 20 yards, and you can develop good form with that weight, then get you a 50# set, go back to light set when you wanna work on form..

jcarrera

FNG
I'm new here but I will none the less cast my vote for a lighter, longer set up. At just under 6' but with a 30.5" DL, I picked up a Samick Sage 50 @ 28", 62" just to learn on before buying my nice 55# @ 28" Tolke Whip... The Samick came in at 54# at 29" and it stacked horrible from there. So, back tension, good form, squeezing that imaginary orange between the shoulder blades, don't pluck the string thing went out the door fast, replaced by the notion that I could pull 80# on the compound, bench 225# twenty times, do 25 pull ups in a row, put a dozen arrows on a paper plate at 100yds, so just pull a little harder and quit being a such lil' girl thing....

The take down is taken down and barring my bow shoulder and elbow not being too messed up now.. some day I'll man up and buy a 35# Tolke and nurse my ego back to reality.... Also, don't follow Aron on IG. or on any other platform.. Every time I saw one of his posts I went out there full of bravado.. Yeah, I'll stick to watching OutdoorsAllie........LOL

Kentucky

WKR
If I had the money I’d buy a 40# 62” one piece whip just for shooting pleasure. My 58” whistler is 51# and I’ve been shooting a lot and it feels like 40 used to, and a 40 feels like 20.. I’m not saying that buying a Toelke for your first bow is bad.. but make sure it’s low poundage.. 35-40. So you can focus of your shot process..

They were having some state national compound shoot at the lake nearest me today.. they had an elk target at 85 yards.. I couldn’t resist, so I pulled over pulled out my 2 piece from behind the seat, and walked to the line and slapped it together, shot 10 times, lost 1 arrow, but the last shot hit foam, gut shot. I was only holding about 20 feet high, 😂. angle wasn’t as steep as you would imagine either, those compound dudes where freakin out..

TxxAgg

WKR
All the toelke bows are a pleasure. For a long draw I's go 64" Whip or 66" Super D