TOK 8/11/19

robie

WKR
Anyone else going to be in Tok this Sunday? My group is flying out for caribou Monday and will be hanging out in Tok Sunday.

MYP009

FNG
My group is out of Austin and we heard there is a Houston group using Alaska Trophy Express for transport. is that you guys?

AKBorn

WKR
I’m all set..... got my NV scope, deer blind, feeder, and 100#s of caribou corn. Only bringing the essentials

Don't set up the blind and feeder too close to camp, when the griz comes to take it you don't want him right in camp... :)

Good luck and have a great time.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
My group is out of Austin and we heard there is a Houston group using Alaska Trophy Express for transport. is that you guys?
No not us. We rented a truck in Anchorage.

Who are you guys flying out with?

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I’ll be there too hunting with Robie.

I’m all set..... got my NV scope, deer blind, feeder, and 100#s of caribou corn. Only bringing the essentials
It's going to be the last time they agree to take any Texans!

MYP009

FNG
we will have an inreach. it's our first time hunting the area. If you want to PM your in reach details ill dig mine up and reply. would be awesome to stay in touch on what our groups are seeing

OP
robie

robie

WKR
we will have an inreach. it's our first time hunting the area. If you want to PM your in reach details ill dig mine up and reply. would be awesome to stay in touch on what our groups are seeing
I will send it to you. Hopefully we can swap stories from the field.

MYP009

FNG
VernAK, at the moment i am planning on boots and gaitors. i did notice there is a Wiggys shop in Anchorage. not sure if its still open but we may need to pick up a pair if its raining that much.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
The herd is way North so you'll fly over a lot of nice country. We need a halt in this rain though!
Is it good, bad or indefferent that they are far north?

Going to take two plane rides to get to them?

AKBorn

WKR
VernAK, at the moment i am planning on boots and gaitors. i did notice there is a Wiggys shop in Anchorage. not sure if its still open but we may need to pick up a pair if its raining that much.

It should be open, think they may be closed on Sundays though. Mark (the owner) is usually there, he has done all kinds of remote AK hunting and is a great guy to chat with.

AKBorn

WKR
Is it good, bad or indefferent that they are far north?

Going to take two plane rides to get to them?

Just a longer plane ride...many times 40 Mile (depending on your destination) takes you out of Tok in a 206 or 207, and drops you and your gear at a remote wilderness strip. Then the Cubs come and take you to your camp location.

If you do end up heading farther north....that is really awesome country. Some years I have sat in camp and been able to imagine we are the only people for many many miles...