TOK 8/11/19

Count on transferring... The first flight in is pretty easy going and comfortable. The cub ride after, if it's not your thing, will be a bit different. I love all flying, especially with pilots that I trust... nothing to worry about, just enjoy the scenery!

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
Flying in with 40 Mile Air on August 31st for us. Can’t wait, will be following this thread closely for the next couple of weeks.

GAredneck

FNG
Count on transferring... The first flight in is pretty easy going and comfortable. The cub ride after, if it's not your thing, will be a bit different. I love all flying, especially with pilots that I trust... nothing to worry about, just enjoy the scenery!
So the count on transferring part will be sporty for sure. That tells me the Bou are a good was North/central for the most part🤕🤕

AKBorn

WKR
So the count on transferring part will be sporty for sure. That tells me the Bou are a good was North/central for the most part🤕🤕

Not necessarily - if they take you and your hunt partner into the field in a 206 or 207, those planes need longer takeoff and landing strips, and don't typically drop hunters off at your final camp spot. You may only go 10-15 miles in your cub flight, but the Cubs can land and takeoff on really short strips that the larger planes can't use.

Good luck! Share your story and pics when you get back, it's an adventure like no other.

Ag111

Lil-Rokslider
Packed up and ready to rock. Leaving for Anchorage tmrw afternoon. Wooo hooo!

Attachments

• 2DB1E75E-EFA6-470B-8F6C-B59094A1C0A6.jpeg
    2DB1E75E-EFA6-470B-8F6C-B59094A1C0A6.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 93
OP
robie

robie

WKR
All checked in and ready to fly out tomorrow. Can't wait to see some Caribou.
a442494dcb98fe66b5ff55bf5ec532f1.jpg
e599125718a9a70a37193f60de751edf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk

OP
robie

robie

WKR
Awaiting news of success rates in various areas. F&G expected lotsa hunting pressure in the Steese Highway area and I've heard of success at Boundary. I really hope they are spread out that much.
We were told the same at check in. Weren't sure where we were heading in the morning because of it. Told that fish and game was doing a survey and they were waiting to talk to those guys.

VernAK

WKR
You'll undoubtedly have a nice ride to the more northern areas which is good as they tend to move rapidly across from Steese to Taylor Highways. When you get out, let me know where you were........for old memories.

And how many grizzlies you saw.

I and friends still reminisce about the bull caribou we saw at Copper Creek. Three Finger Charley will probably be busy this year.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
You'll undoubtedly have a nice ride to the more northern areas which is good as they tend to move rapidly across from Steese to Taylor Highways. When you get out, let me know where you were........for old memories.

And how many grizzlies you saw.

I and friends still reminisce about the bull caribou we saw at Copper Creek. Three Finger Charley will probably be busy this year.
I told the guys at check-in you and Michael were helping me they all said great things about you guys. I will take lots of pictures and post when we get out.

OUTSTANDING!!! Many congratulations to you and your group. It looks like you are all successful recipients of some great protein!! Cannot wait to hear the story.