Tok 9/24

We are flying out of Tok on 9/24. Just curious how the hunting has been the last week or two and if the migration is going strong with the weather finally cooling down a bit. A buddy and I are flying with Zak (Tok air), I have packed and unpacked everything at least 3 times now and am right at the 50lb weight limit.

I have been watching and learning from this forum, it amazes me how much knowledge is here and how helpful everyone is.

Thank you,

W1bowo

Lil-Rokslider
must have been getting abused with the 55lb limit.
+1
BB.jpg

Trial153

WKR
I am not looking foward to the 50 pound limit plus our bows next year. I liked it better when there was three of us. Now with two it will be tighter to make weight

Do they ever cut some slack if a dude weighs like 140 himself?

Not typically. It's the weight distribution in the super cub that is the issue, not total weight. As ontarget said. Line you pockets with everything you can. First time I flew with Zack I was wearing every piece of clothing I had and my pockets were full of ammo, gps, sat phone, knives, binoculars, etc. I was sweating my balls off by the time we landed but it was worth it.

Trial153

WKR
Does Zak still what communication via sat phones or is he amendable to inreach texts yet?

OP
Ontarget1213
Any update. Been considering Zak myself so interest in how it went.
We had a great hunt, weather was nice and cold but clear, I killed mine the first morning the day after we flew in, and my buddy killed his the next day. Zak flew us in to a great area with lots of animals. Zak runs a class act operation, I can't say enough about how great our hunt was, we had good communication with Zak. We will defiantly use Tok air again on my next caribou or moose hunt.

Attachments

• Bou 1.jpg
    Bou 1.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Bou 2.jpg
    Bou 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 120
  • Bou 3.jpg
    Bou 3.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 117