Tok Air Service

wooduckman

Lil-Rokslider
My Dad and I are booked to hunt with Zack (Tok Air Service) this fall. Haven't hunted with him yet, but have heard nothing but good things. September cannot come soon enough!

mnnowak

FNG
I have not used Tok Air Service but I did call him last year for prices in a fly in sheep hunt. He was considerably more expensive then near by flight services. There is the saying that "you get what you pay for" so maybe he provides better service. I don't know because I haven't used him I am just letting you know that I did find cheaper prices out of that area.

We were going to fly with him but he upped his prices and we found a different pilot. He was considerably higher for the same service.

Interested in doing a 2018 Moose hunt and have had the recommendation of using Tok Air Service. I was wondering if anyone has used their service and the feedback.
Hi Hasset. I have no info on Tok Air but i am curious. How did your wifes hunt turn out? Was it enjoyable? I have the tag as well.

So they don't even honor the price that you put the deposit down for? I could understand if fuel prices doubled in that time frame but they have been steady. That just doesn't seem like it's the right thing to do.

PA Hunter

WKR
No didn’t honor the price we agreed upon and I had already put $3000 down for a deposit. I got email saying increase is $1500 but he felt bad so only increased mine $500. It sours me a little because of our agreement but I understand how insurances go up ect and the cost of everything.
I can’t imagine another 20 years from now nobody will be able to afford to hunt. I am already stretched to the max on a diy hunt. Maybe I will stay home and shoot squirrels.

Trial153

WKR
I am flying out with Zak next august, Hopefully it goes well

Last edited:
Okay, I’m curious now, what does Tok Air charge/hr. for a super cub? Or are they just giving flat rate charges for a particular area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His website shows $5500 moose plus $1500 if you harvest
$4500 caribou $500 if you harvest.

2021 prices Quoted via phone:
Moose: $8500 +$1500 per successful Moose
Caribou: $6000 +$500 per successful Caribou

He mentioned people were upset about prices rising and I indicated my expectation was that if I book and place a down payment I would expect to lock in pricing as well. I don't blame a guy one bit for taking what the market pays but I would be pretty pissed If I booked a '21 moose hunt based on the online pricing of $5500 only to get an unexpected $3k adder.

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
I believe most diy outfits went up for the 2020 season. They (Renfros, Papabear, Tok Air) were about the same when I booked last year. I'm guessing it's a collaborated effort to reduce the number of hunters.

Wow, $10,000 for a successful DIY moose hunt? That is total and utter craziness IMO. If you’re hell bent on a fly out moose hunt in the Tok/40 mile area, I would recommend contacting all the transporters accessing that area first (Mt, Hayes Air, Golden Eagle Air, Wright Air, and 40 Mile Air, in that order), before booking with Tok Air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk