Tok Air update

chisana

FNG
In case you didn't see this in the moose hunting forum:

There was another post on it. I would guess it is only cancelled for the NPS property, but don’t know if that will close him for the season?

USMC-40

WKR
If this is out of place, then forgive me - Tok Air was involved in some pretty upsetting hunter harassment. Long story short the concession that he flew into primarily (from what I understand) traded hands. He reacted by going landing near where our tents were set up and rummaging through my stuff and the guides stuff. I was able to account for all my stuff, but my guide was HOT. He filed a report through the outfitter with AK FWP. We were interviewed by an agent who took the issue very seriously. All of this came after a meeting where I introduced myself, he refused to shake my hand (blamed COVID) and then went on a rant about outfitters and out of state hunters ruining his business (the introduction happened when we were waiting on a cub ride further in). I understand his frustration but lines were crossed. He went as far as to hide my spork and left my down bag outside my tent (fortunately we were able to return to camp when we saw a plane land near where we had our tents set up and stow gear properly) but it cost us several hours and quite a few feet of elevation.

Clarktar

WKR
If this is out of place, then forgive me - Tok Air was involved in some pretty upsetting hunter harassment. Long story short the concession that he flew into primarily (from what I understand) traded hands. He reacted by going landing near where our tents were set up and rummaging through my stuff and the guides stuff. I was able to account for all my stuff, but my guide was HOT. He filed a report through the outfitter with AK FWP. We were interviewed by an agent who took the issue very seriously. All of this came after a meeting where I introduced myself, he refused to shake my hand (blamed COVID) and then went on a rant about outfitters and out of state hunters ruining his business (the introduction happened when we were waiting on a cub ride further in). I understand his frustration but lines were crossed. He went as far as to hide my spork and left my down bag outside my tent (fortunately we were able to return to camp when we saw a plane land near where we had our tents set up and stow gear properly) but it cost us several hours and quite a few feet of elevation.
Whoa!! Someone rummages through my shit and leaves it out like that and I will not respond calmly. What a piece of work this Tok Air fellow sounds like.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thunder

FNG
Thats crossing the line hiding someones spork.

Unreal...

Clarktar

WKR
The stories are numerous around this area. Have we discussed the bear mauling incident?
Haven't heard that one yet! I'm glad I belong to this forum and can weed through bad apples like this from the unfortunate experience of others.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

keller

WKR
talked to a guy today that watched his camp being ravaged by zach.he tried but couldnt get their before zach flew away in my estimataion it was good for zach. he filed a complaint and said as far as he knows zach had his permit pulled by nps.

Hey man I finally decided to create a RokSlide account. This is Josh, I can attest also that Zack with Tok air dismantled my solar charger and he left us a letter inside our food bag after rummaging through it. He rifled through both of our tents and quite frankly i don't believe he is a mentally stable guy, not someone I would want to hop in a small airplane with. Hope you are doing well though man.

c37421ca53ecdc91552ce39c30857da4.jpg

Son of a bitch it’s true, the weasel is a spork thief!

@USMC-40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bambistew

WKR
Wierd that such an upstanding "transporter" can no longer advertise hunts or drop hunters in the preserve. The guy has a story for everything. Did he mention how he tried to buy off the hunter he harassed vs testify against him? I also heard he was buzzing camps this year. Super guy.