I was wondering what everyone is using for there reference tape on there adjustable SH sights. Is there a program that you use and then buy some special tape. Or is it the redneck way with masking tape, pencil, and marking it by hand?
Archers adv or TAP work well. I just print on regular paper and cover with packing tape. works great.
1) remember, garbage in garbage out
2) you can almost NEVER rely only on measurements to calculate your tape
3) Use the yardage input way of setting it up... But dont use 20 as your close yardage (30 works better)
4) use the furthest you can shoot consistently for your far yardage... the further the better
5) sight in useing the old school (making tape and pencil) way first as far out as you can..... then you can double check your marks they should be very very close
6) Again, DO NOT rely only on your measurements... after you have really fine tuned and inputed every aspect of a target bow you can rely more and more, but do the leg work.
7) Just because you print a tape to 130 yards does NOT mean you can hunt that far
Same as Rosinbag but I learned it by watching him. Nat Geo map paper is the way to go. My only gripe with AA is I don't find it to be that accurate. When I put in my specs, arrow weight, speed, measurements and such, it comes out with a tape that is way off. So I take about 10 fps off my speed and start there. I will take several tapes of speeds slightly faster and slower to the range and temporarily tape each one on. Then shoot and actually verify which one is accurate. does anyone else have to do this or am I doing something wrong with the software.
For example, I know my bow is shooting about 283 with my current setup, yet I shoot a tape that it says is for 269 fps. I don't really care as long as it's eventually accurate, but it sure would be nice if it were more accurate initially.
Like Nate says above, your first tape is only close at best. I generally set my 60 yard mark and 120 yard mark. Once I get those I print a tape to see how close the numbers match my marks. I then manipulate the computer with speed or marks I set the tape to in the computer to get my tape to match my shot in marks exactly....