Too heavy? Arrow building

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’m not sure I understand what your point is. The data clearly shows a gradual increase. As with all data sets there slight variability which can easily be accounted for in inconsistent readings from the chrono or slight difference in release by shooter or any number of things. That’s why the trend is important. You can’t look at two data points and assume that is the trend. You need to look at all the data. And as many others have pointed out, the data collected in nearly all cases ( you being the only exception I think) shows a gradual increase in KE with increase in arrow weight.

What are you getting for a KE with a 420 grain arrow @ 260fps and a 450 grain arrow @ 251fps?

406 grains @288fps

438 grains @275fps

The difference in the KE that you are seeing (1.7%) is very likely due to the error inherent from one reading through the chrono to the next. I have seen variances of 5-7 FPS just from changing the color of the fletching with all else being the same. Also you can change the results from one shot to the next just by shooting slightly higher or lower from shot to shot. Let alone lighting conditions varying. You cannot draw any meaningful conclusions from the the results you saw with those two arrows, given that there is only 7% difference in weight between them. That coupled with the chronos Inherent accuracy (Or lack there of) explains why you are got the results you did. If the Chrono was off by 3 feet per second for either arrow your results would flip flop, and a Pro Or Shooting Chrony is not anwhere close to 99% accurate from shot to shot.

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
What are you getting for a KE with a 420 grain arrow @ 260fps and a 450 grain arrow @ 251fps?
I’m not sure what your getting at? Do you genuinely not know how to analyze a full data set or are you just intentionally ignoring the rest off eh data? The difference between two data points is not a trend. You have to account for the full data set. That’s why there’s more that just two data points.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’m not sure what your getting at? Do you genuinely not know how to analyze a full data set or are you just intentionally ignoring the rest off eh data? The difference between two data points is not a trend. You have to account for the full data set. That’s why there’s more that just two data points.

I’m not ignoring data, on the contrary, it’s within their rules of thumb that they listed. As I’ve clearly stated before, you should actually verify your setup and not rely solely on rules of thumb as gospel. Never said it was a trend.