Too many hobbies?

I was just thinking about this the other day, you guys are making me feel better aha.

Mountain biking
Fishing
Skiing/ AT skiing
Shooting
Automotive
Metal Fab
Camping
Grilling/smoking

If I add too many more departments, we are gonna have to expand

manitou1

WKR
Reloading
Rifle hunting
Pistol Hunting
Bow hunting
Make my arrows
Fly fishing
Guitar playing
Camping (camper and tent)
Kayaking
Indian/native American artifact hunting
Mountain Biking

Warrior27

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting
Fishing
Baseball
Football
Archery shooting
Rifle shooting
Antique tractors
Kayaking
Atv’s

current activities

Archery
Rifle shooting
Reloading
Hunting
Fishing
Camping
House work
Running

Others but not current

Beer brewing
Skiing
Golf

Mine is a much shorter list than a lot here. Why do I feel like I'm constantly struggling for time?

Wapiti1

WKR
My wife does a lot of this with me, or is the main actor and I just provide the dumb heavy lifting part.

Down the rabbit hole.....

Hunting:
Firearms Hunting
Handgun Hunting
Archery Hunting, trad and new fangled
Upland game hunting
Shooting
Reloading

Fishing:
Fly Fishing
Muskie Fishing
Salmon/Trout Trolling

Boating
Gunsmithing
Woodworking
Beer/Wine Brewing/Vinting (to use a fancy term)
Gardening
Mushroom Cultivation
1967 Mustang
1960 Willys Jeep
Watch and Clock Repair (learning, still lots to learn)

Keeping my wife happy

Jeremy

rclouse79

WKR
I always dream up some new activity I want to start, but then have to remind myself I don’t have enough time to do my current hobbies as much as I would like. I would say I have invested 90% of my fun money into hunting over the past 5 years. In my case, I can get a lot nicer gear if I just focus on one or two things.

Squamch

WKR
My only hobbies are hunting and shooting.

I have a hunting 4x4, and a hunting dirtbike. Of course, to save money on the parts needed for a bush truck, I have a bunch of metal fabrication tooling, grinders, benders, notchers, etc.
I have my shotgunning stuff, and my rimfire stuff. And my backpack hunting stuff. And my regular camping stuff for when I use a basecamp. The archery gear is also for hunting.
Now, my son likes bike riding, so I have a mountain bike, but that's a parental obligation. Same goes for the fishing gear, and both boats. Technically, fishing is hunting for fish anyway.
All the wood working tools are, naturally, for work. Nevermind that the company provides tools, these ones are for sidejobs and pinterest projects.
The mechanical tools are for the hunting 4x4, and for maintaining the family cars, not just because I like playing with cars. That's also why I have the crates of spare parts. Don't worry about the fact that they are performance parts.

Marmots

Lil-Rokslider
I really envy people who excel at one specific thing but I'm just not wired to be that way.

I'm destined to always be bad to average at a constantly growing list of activities.

mwebs

WKR
I really envy people who excel at one specific thing but I'm just not wired to be that way.

I'm destined to always be bad to average at a constantly growing list of activities.

Ha, this is my motto and why my list of hobbies is so long and also why my savings account is so low. My retirement plan is all the gear I have accumulated for all my activities. Been focusing more energy into fly fishing and elk the past few years with good results though.

mlgc20

WKR
My hobbies aren’t nearly as varied as most of you guys.

Backpacking/camping
Hunting
Fishing
Golf

No way is anyone interested in my list....which is long and likely similar to many others on here. Almost all my hobbies (really more like interests and passions) take me outside. Here’s a couple extras....

Harleys.....buying one is just the cost of admission to a club which WILL eat your disposable income.

Stone-crafting. I particularly love building or creating with natural stone.

Ginseng digging. Forget the money. It’s just about impossible to explain the lure of being deep in the woods on a humid morning trying to spot a rather normal looking plant.

Photography. My goal is to use the simplest everyday equipment while trying to capture very interesting or unusual images outdoors.

Fishing
-fly fishing
-fly tying
-walleye fishing
-trout fishing
-catfishing
-frog gigging
-minnow seines, traps and buckets
-lead jig/sinker casting equipment
-lots of misc. fishing supplies
Hunting
-midwest whitetail gear
-mountain gear
-turkey gear
-rabbit gear
-trail cameras
Reloading
Arrow building gear
Bows
-compounds
-recurves
Guns, ammo, shooting gear and gunsmithing
Black powder gear
-flintlocks
-inlines
-cap and ball revolvers
-bullet casting equipment
-tons of appurtenant equipment
Bikes
Baseball (men's league)
-all the gear plus a wood lathe to turn bats
Tractors and implements
Food plotting equipment
Mini excavator (it's work, but therapeutic to me)
UTV/ATV
Woodworking
Kayaks and gear
John boat
Bass boat
Camping
4 vehicles
All the tools and equipment to fix any of the above.

I'm sure I'm missing a few.. Getting to the point I can't do it all anymore. Starting to sell off and get rid of some unused stuff.

All the stuff that is used to just maintain equipment is staggering as well. Work hard play harder.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ewade07

WKR
My GF tells me I have too many hobbies all the time. I tell her you only live once and sooner or later I'm not going to be able to do all the things I love to do. I'd rather have too many hobbies than be a boring sack of crap.

Gen273

WKR
I am in the same boat. However, these days I have much more gear than I have time to use it.