Too many pants to choose from...

Megastink

Lil-Rokslider
need a new pair of hunting pants. The market is flooded with options, some built for performance, not budget, and some that are budget friendly and SAY they perform... I need some help sifting...

Here’s what I need:
-lightweight and flexible as I still hunt a lot and it requires stepping over logs/rocks
-briar proof, tons and tons of briars on the ground here in SE PA.
-water proof, I like to hunt after a rain when it’s quiet and am willing to crawl through brush to get to some spots
-wind proof if possible
-leg pockets, leave the backpack in the truck and pack light

These will be my outer layer from early season-mid season, and my mid layer during late season. Would like to spend less than $150. Thanks you all!

If you're not hunting in super cold weather, my local sportsmans warehouse had the kryptek tora pants for around $150. They aren't "waterproof", but shed water great and kept the wind out. Lots of pockets and I wore mine in the WY sagebrush and they didn't snag or tear.

I wore them out on a 50 degree day and was comfortable and then on a 10 degree day with a merino layer underneath.

GNUOY

FNG
Whenever I buy any gear I know that I am going to have it for a long time. I have had a lot of different brands of clothing and have found First Lite to high quality and not that bad on the budget. They make some outer layers that are water resistant and some good pants that are more water deterrent too. Might be more budget friendly to get a used pair. Check out their site if you get a chance.

You'll may want to look at something like this:

I've used upland pants while hunting quail in the desert. The "briar proof" panels on the pants that I have do leave a lot to be desired. Traditional hunting clothes companies make pants that are tear-resistant but don't do squat about things that poke you.

_Tyler_

FNG
I think you may be hard pressed to find all of those features for $150 or less. The waterproof and wind proof features typically run at least 200-250 from what I found when I was doing my research before I settled on the Pnuma Selkirk pants. I highly recommend them for wet weather and if you want to stay warm. Quality is outstanding.