Too much bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ester

WKR
Watch out here fellas..... we have a professional.

The more you open your mouth the more you sound like you have no clue what your doing.

Good luck to you. Might want to pick you up a bloodhound as good as you shoot.

Come here asking questions, then don’t give anyone who tries to help you the time of day. You have a lot to learn....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4ester

WKR
I'm going with loose screw.

Mines normally on the end of the stock. Have seen it under, around, and in the scope before.

It doesn't matter what size hole is thru the thoracic cavity, it will collapse the lungs, so if hit thru the chest, the deer will die. Might take awhile. Killed too much stuff with an fmj to think that any bullet design that doesn't explode isn't lethal, tho many aren't ideal.

Definitely a loose nut in this guys case......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdg848

WKR
I would say that there is screw loose...on his scope of course...

As soon as I read the original post I knew exactly where this was going hahaha.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
You could shoot that goat with a TLR .308 and it wouldn't even bleed real blood it is such a small goat.

Well if you knew anything at all you would know it wouldnt bleed at all because the bullet would pencil through because the hide is to thin............I mean come on you really need to get caught up. Were making cutting edge break throughs that defy physics here.

sndmn11

WKR
Well if you knew anything at all you would know it wouldnt bleed at all because the bullet would pencil through because the hide is to thin............I mean come on you really need to get caught up. Were making cutting edge break throughs that defy physics here.

Im the only one cutting edge enough so far to propose something supernatural as a possibility. Could have been some sort of time stop Jupiter Ascending and The Matrix are actually real scenario that poopoo on physics because real physics hasn't even been invented yet because deer are really just here studying us and they know the most enlightened among us are those who hunt so they choose to study hunters because they are generally alone and because it's easier to read the thoughts of a silent person.

Cutting edge that.

Im the only one cutting edge enough so far to propose something supernatural as a possibility. Could have been some sort of time stop Jupiter Ascending and The Matrix are actually real scenario that poopoo on physics because real physics hasn't even been invented yet because deer are really just here studying us and they know the most enlightened among us are those who hunt so they choose to study hunters because they are generally alone and because it's easier to read the thoughts of a silent person.

Cutting edge that.

Define enlightened.

I'm thinking it's more than a 2 oz knife and dynema.

Sled

WKR
OMG...

[Note I am quoting you AZ_Hunter but not picking just on you. Actually thank you for the non gun preaching part]

Ok guys... Let me check the gun "preaching" here.

1. I build guns. I know guns.
2. I check my guns ALL THE DAMN time (scopes, mounts, etc).
3. A sighted in gun doesn't not magically get out of sight unless something mechanical happens to it (like you change something; something gets loose; etc). If it is kept in a padded secured case, everything is tight on it, etc then it should shoot close to what it was sighted in (barring environmental and atmospheric conditions. Regardless of you other beliefs I have done this... sighted in a weapon, jumped it (yes out of the sky) into another location including a rather hard landing - and it shot spot on.
4. I JUST FREAKING SHOT a deer a week before at 200 yards. It hit, where it was aimed and killed the damn deer.
5. Since then it has not been dropped, etc to have changed the sighting in.

SO PLEASE FOR GOD's sake stop being a bunch of self righteous preaching gun fools. Its not my first rodeo. I probably know more about guns, ballistics and can outshoot the lot of you since I HAVE shot things at 1500+ yards; shot under real-life tactical scenarios; and basically have a gift for shooting. (that was mildly self promoting and sardonic for those of you who are hell bent on being trolls).

Those of you who read my original post, and subsequent and have provided non-gun 101 preaching input - GOD BLESS you! and thank you.

The comments about the location might be on as well. They are ground level shots at the top of the shoulder and could have been high. I could be slightly off on the vertical ballistics at a distance with the factory load as I have not chrono'ed it. That said it doesn't explain the 30 yard shot at shoulder (was trying to just drop em in place and take the shoulder out). That's a shot I can make with my hands tied, wearing a too too and bear spray in my eyes.

I do know that the Edge TLR is in the same class as the ELD match of bullets. It should open at some slower speeds. But I also know it is designed for deep penetration so it doesn't pop open super fast. I also know that some of the bullets in that class (no specific vendor, it happens from time to time) can get very small variations in the copper/metal that controls the expansion and can make them expand less (or even way more, and fragment).

Just wondering if I miss the bone and am lung shooting a deer then there is not a whole lot of density to expand that bullet fast enough.

But as AZ_Hunter said, I may have just freaking fallen out of favor with my gun god Mercury and must now sacrifice my oldest child to be back in his favor.

I generally try to be helpful but after reading a lot of these threads, patterns seem to develop. In most cases when people get piled on in here it is for a reason. Sometimes it's poor communication, others it's an overly defensive poster and some just put a bullseye out there because they like all the attention that follows. I'm not trying to be mean here but you sure seem like a magnet for getting piled on and I have to assume you enjoy it because the pattern repeats itself. Not trying to upset you but I think clear concise communication without the defensiveness might help these threads.

Tmac

WKR
I'm going with loose screw.

Mines normally on the end of the stock. Have seen it under, around, and in the scope before.

It doesn't matter what size hole is thru the thoracic cavity, it will collapse the lungs, so if hit thru the chest, the deer will die. Might take awhile. Killed too much stuff with an fmj to think that any bullet design that doesn't explode isn't lethal, tho many aren't ideal.
Thanks exactly what I was thinking, a loose screw somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.