Tooth of the Arrow Users

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
Can you guys show some pics or videos of how you are putting a razor's edge on your heads. Not just a "kind of sharp" or "sharp enough" but an honest to goodness hair popping, razor's edge on these 4 blade heads.

I messed with them last year a little. I wasn't impressed with the out of the box sharpness. Didn't fly as good as I had hoped for as small a head as it was. Didn't spend much time on them. But I'm not a big fan of something I feel like I need to sharpen before I ever use. Like nap hellrazors. Semi sharp out of the box, a buddy spent some time on them and did get a really good edge. But it was a fair amount of time in each head. I sharpen all kinds of things and I'm good with it. But I got accustomed to purchasing sharp broadheads and don't have a lot of time for something I need to sharpen before I use.

I looked at them the other day. Haven't done anything with them. Pm me if interested in them. 1 is unused. 2 are used. One might be a little rough. 125 grain I think.

nphunter

WKR
You won’t get them as sharp as a lot of other heads due to the blade angle 45deg. A lot of the heads are around a 20-30 deg which gets sharper. Edge retention should be good on them though.

BigWoods

WKR
Those are in line with what I was looking for.
Thanks
I have a set of VPA non vented heads. They didn't come super sharp, but the carbon steel quickly and easily took a hair popping edge and have retained it really well. The one that I've tuned with has probably had about 15 trips into the foam target and I'd be confident to send it at a big game animal without any further honing (but I'll sharpen it anyway 😁).

Last edited:

Grigs

FNG
Can you guys show some pics or videos of how you are putting a razor's edge on your heads. Not just a "kind of sharp" or "sharp enough" but an honest to goodness hair popping, razor's edge on these 4 blade heads.
I hate to say it but buy their sharpener.. it works. Otherwise you're going to put a different angle on the blades and they won't fly as well

OP
Sharp Things

Sharp Things

Lil-Rokslider
????? They sharpen at 22.5 degrees (45 degrees total angle for combined both sides of a blade) This is not some new angle. Matching their bevel is very simple and easy. But even if they were sharpened at 21 degrees of 24 degrees I can assure you it would have zero impact on flight characteristics.

Zac

WKR
I just got some 2 blade 150 grain Ozcuts, the blades are very sharp but the tip is dull and there were burrs on most the time tips, I leather stropped the time tips but they still feel blunt, not sure whether to use them or not.

nphunter

WKR
I just got some 2 blade 150 grain Ozcuts, the blades are very sharp but the tip is dull and there were burrs on most the time tips, I leather stropped the time tips but they still feel blunt, not sure whether to use them or not.

I’m sure they will be just fine. The work sharp field sharpener is awesome for sharpening Broadheads. I always try to work on mine until they shave hair.

Reactions: Zac