Top 3 brands for hiking boots?

codpalm

FNG
What are the top 3 hiking boot brands from some people with actual trials and error?

Jardo

WKR
Depends. Are we talking day hikes with a camel pack in warm weather? Heavy pack in cold weather?

My warm weather day hikers are Asolo or Solomon Quest.

My heavy pack with cold weather boot is a kenetrek or Cripsi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
C

codpalm

FNG
Depends. Are we talking day hikes with a camel pack in warm weather? Heavy pack in cold weather?

My warm weather day hikers are Asolo or Solomon Quest.

My heavy pack with cold weather boot is a kenetrek or Cripsi.

It would be colder weather... So I'm not sure if uninsulated is a good idea?

Jardo

WKR
Cold weather hunting boot where you have a heavy pack is Kenetrek Mountain Extreme, Lowa Tibet, or Crispi Nevada/guide boots. I run mine uninsulated because I am always on the move. If I was hunting in a blind, I might go with an insulated boot but haven’t needed anything more than my merino wool socks with a liner sock.

These have all have stiff soles that can handle the load on off camber terrain. Crispi Nevadas soles being the least stiff of the group and Kenetrek is the most stiff.

That’s my 2 cents.

Asolo is an interesting company, they will launch a new boot every 6 months or so for Sierra, they're all pretty similar, some are great and some fall apart quick. I have a pair of Flame GTX's right now which I really like and will buy a new pair before the season. For colder weather I get a pair with 100% leather uppers still uninsulated. I am thinking of getting some Crispi's insulated for late season this year but I'm having a really hard time justifying the price as Crisipi's are basically just Asolo's (or any other mid weight Italian style) but when they're imported they're branded into a hunting brand. A brilliant piece of marketing IMO.

OP
C

codpalm

FNG
Cold weather hunting boot where you have a heavy pack is Kenetrek Mountain Extreme, Lowa Tibet, or Crispi Nevada/guide boots. I run mine uninsulated because I am always on the move. If I was hunting in a blind, I might go with an insulated boot but haven’t needed anything more than my merino wool socks with a liner sock.

These have all have stiff soles that can handle the load on off camber terrain. Crispi Nevadas soles being the least stiff of the group and Kenetrek is the most stiff.

That’s my 2 cents.

Thanks

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Hiking with the family....nothing beats my cheap Merrell MOABS. Great traction, light, cheap and awesome toe box.
Hiking 14'ers, and more adverse terrain....Danner Crater Rim, or Mountain Lights. Light and durable.
Heavy packing....Kenetrek Hardscrabbles for me. Makes my feet and ankles feel bulletproof.

mlgc20

WKR
Lowa for me. Used to also love Montrail before they were acquired/ruined by Columbia.

Beendare

WKR
OP, I get what you are trying to do...

But so much depends on how stiff of a boot you like. Hoffman and Scarpa are both great boot makers, top notch...but they run stiffer than some others.

_________

My newest boots are Danner Thorofares. Made in USA and really like them.
I’ve had Asolo, Miendle, Scarpa and Lowa in the past.

Usmcff

WKR
Asolo is an interesting company, they will launch a new boot every 6 months or so for Sierra, they're all pretty similar, some are great and some fall apart quick. I have a pair of Flame GTX's right now which I really like and will buy a new pair before the season. For colder weather I get a pair with 100% leather uppers still uninsulated. I am thinking of getting some Crispi's insulated for late season this year but I'm having a really hard time justifying the price as Crisipi's are basically just Asolo's (or any other mid weight Italian style) but when they're imported they're branded into a hunting brand. A brilliant piece of marketing IMO.
What’s the sizing like on these? Looking at a pair right now for all around hunting and hopefully getting to take to Wyoming if I draw my tags.