Top 5 pre cooked meals to bring to camp

Elkero

FNG
Elk green chile stew with potatoes onions tomatoes

Homeade oatmeal cookies with nuts, raisins and chocolate chips. Easy breakfast or snack

homeade elk jerky. Can put some in lots of pockets and always have it when you need it.

steve1VM

FNG
For our annual deer camp, I always try to prepare caned wild game stews. It seems to make our purpose out there more real. I look for a good chicken tagine recipe but substitute pheasant. Or a beef stew, and substitute venison.

Oh, beef stew is a great choice, I think. But you always should keep in mind some helpful advises like how to get rid of smell after you're cooking outside. Few weeks ago I found a resource with information about getting rid of campfire smell and I've already tested all the offered options, and I can say for sure - they do work.

Last edited:
BBQ pulled pork and chili.

I’m experimenting with a big, hearty pasta salad (stuffed tortellini noodles, tons of pepperoni, and lots of cheese) that is in the freezer now for a few days to see how it does after thawing.

4ester

WKR
Philly cheese steaks

Cook onions, peppers then add elk burger. Season with Montreal Steak seasonings. Melt some provolone cheese and slather some mayo on a roll. Stupid simple yet damn tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk