Top 5 pre cooked meals to bring to camp

Mosby

WKR
When we are hunting out of a cabin and have access to a refrigerator, stove and/or micro wave, l like to bring pre cooked meals to camp. It saves both money and time and I hate to cook when I am tired. Here are my top 5:

- Chili with beans
- Beef and cheese Lasagna
- Goulash(pasta dish)
- Ham & bean soup
- Bacon and egg breakfast casserole

What do you guys bring?

Taco meat and fixings.
Tamales if you have access to a Mexican grocery
Jambalaya with chicken and sausage or game meat sausage (box mix by Zatarans takes 30 mins to make)

cnelk

WKR
Smoked chicken breast, flavored rice, beans - sealed in a vac sealed bag. Heat in hot water
Spaghetti - sealed in a vac sealed bag. Heat in hot water
Meat loaf, mashed potatoes, veggie - sealed in a vac sealed bag. Heat in hot water
Hotdish - sealed in a vac sealed bag. Heat in hot water

If you make two of each you have over a week of meals and a variety

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Breakfast casserole
Red beans and rice
Steaks packaged for sous vide
Pork butt-carnitas one night and stir fry the next.
Chili (No beans, this isn’t bean soup)

Smoked Brisket. Just smoke one up and put it into vac seal bags. Take to camp, drop in hot water and slowly heat it up. It's one of the most amazing camp meals and super simple. Add a can of baked beans and you're good to go.

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
Buffalo pulled chicken in a vac sealed bag, makes great sandwiches and wraps

Laramie

WKR
Breakfast burritos are a good one at camp. Prairie Rose in Laramie makes the best ones on the planet imo or you can make your own. Wrapped individually in foil you have a few options for heating them up.

mwebs

WKR
For nights back at the truck we usually have a few pre made meals we freeze and can be heated up on the two burner:
Enchilada hot dish (both chicken and beef)
Chili
Chicken wild rice soup
Breakfast burritos we wrap individually in tin foil to be heated while gearing up in the morning
Swedish meatballs and cheese potatoes
Brats and quick pasta/ rice sides
Beer and Whiskey

jfs82

WKR
Bunch of braised, shredded chicken, refried beans, avocados, hot sauce, cheese and tortillas... Lots of quesadillas.

Pre make egg, chorizo, potato, onion and spinach frittata. foil wrapped so it can reheat easily in coals.

Fried rice, easy reheat on skillet

Ddog

WKR
Venison chili, enchiladas, fajitas. Pulled pork, roast beef and rotisserie chicken for tacos. Lots of limes, cilantro and hot sauce. Beer, just in case any of the meat is dry, of course.

Marble

WKR
I'll bring premade chicken pot pie, or something similar, premade piecrust and cook in the dutch oven.

I also do different roasts in the dutch oven generally.

We pre cook and vacumn seal in individual serving bags, toss in a cook pot and boil... simple, compact, and fast... plus no dishes.

Tater tot casserole
chilli
Lasagna
Breakfast casserole

Pre-cooked meals. All mine say Dinty Moore on them and come in a can with a pull-top lid. ;)

Simple, fast, affordable and no cooler or bags of ice required.

I thought about doing the pre-cooked meals at home, but quickly realized how much time and effort I'd be expending just to save about $10.

I'm not a foodie. Any meal will do. It wouldn't bother me in the least to eat Dinty Moore out of a can for 10 straight days. I don't go to the mountains to find a dining experience.

22lr

WKR
I haul heavier fresher food for the first few days, by a few days in im relying on all the dehydrated/freeze dried stuff. My only problem with cans is you cant burn em, so you get to pack around that weight for the rest of the trip. For day trips, canned food is the jam, but ya, its gets old when your still carrying your trash after day 2 or 3.

For me my top list of the dried stuff would be:
Pasta and sauce
A good stew
Rice, and ground beef with a good taco seasoning!

Also, while I love beer, whiskey on the trail is alot easier to pack in and you can put it in a plastic bottle as well. Again, I hate hauling glass and empty flasks down the mountain...