Top shelf dehydrated meals?

kpbrown31

FNG
I only hunt maybe one week a year, so cost isn't my first concern...just looking for something that tastes decent and doesn't have a whole shaker of salt in it. I've tried Mountain House and I think the large sodium content just didn't sit well in my stomach. Currently ordering some Peak Refuel. I've seen others on here mention Stowaway Gourmet and I'm trying to order some that I can find in stock. Anyone tried Good To-Go? Thanks

OP
K

kpbrown31

FNG
Wild Zora....read the ingredients.
They do seem to have a pretty straight forward ingredient list. Are you eating 2 of these at meal times? The calorie count (350) doesn't seem to be enough to get by with just one package for a meal?

Yeah it's low. I was looking at healthier options and found these. I ordered a few last week. Haven't tried them yet.

Green belly makes some meal bars. They are pretty clean and a ton of calories.

Could eat one of the bars and a wild Zora and maybe get close to 1000 calories I would think.

TN2shot07

WKR
I got a couple from north Idaho snackables a few weeks ago, I’ll be ordering more. I think they’re still working out some kinks on the website but it’s worth trying

West coast kitchens. Located about 30 min from me, low sodium (I can’t do much on a good day), and full of flavour. I have yet to have a meal that looks the same going in as it does coming out (sorry alpine aire…)

I ordered up a sampler of the Big Sur bars, the White zest bars are insanely good. The original's, I am not a huge fan of, but I also do not really like raisins and that is one of the main ingredients. Big thumbs up for the white zest tho.

LostArra

WKR
Enertia Trail Foods are pretty good but more meatless. They are one of the few dehydrated meals that actually taste good when eaten in the home. We added packs of chicken or chunkc of summer sausage to most entrees.

I love Peak Refuels, the biscuits and gravy, cheesy broccoli chicken and the bison ranch mashers are money, but I haven't had a bad meal from them. Always excited to eat them when scouting/hunting.

Tried a buddys bison chili from stow away gourmet and it was phenomenal, just a little more expensive.