Top Three 2019 hunting buys (Game Changers)

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
What are your top three hunting purchases of 2019. Preferably stuff you have used in the field and has proven to be a game changer. Money well spent.

OP
rsiwuda

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
What are your top three hunting purchases of 2019. Preferably stuff you have used in the field and has proven to be a game changer. Money well spent.
1. Kifaru 44 mag and lite Frame.
2. Crispi Thor GTX
3. Prime CT5 bow

Last edited:
Not sure if these were a game changer but:

1: Iron Will broadhead.... my 400 gr arrow went through the front shoulder of a bull and stuck in the other shoulder.

2: Crispi Nevada... feet felt great in the morning, toe did get a little jammed carrying my bull down hill but to be expected.

3: Pop up camper.... it was nice having a king bed and heat for the 2 snow days. Only hour and a half setup time vs. 5 hours.

Close to making the top 3 Sitka (apex) pants. Man there expensive but makes you a better hunter by cooling you off faster to hump it over the next hill chasing bulls.

Last edited:
1. Kifaru Sawtooth- I'll never go without this in my available kit ever again
2. Lathrop And Sons Footbeds- I didn't even realize I had some hot spots with my old foot beds until I had zero with these
3. Pintler Bag- Not really big enough to hunt multiple days comfortably but an absolutely awesome day trip bag.

1. Coming from TN and heading west while fishing on the way. This saved me money in hotels and allows me to sleep wherever I want.
2. New spotting scope (never had one before and I found a deal on a Vanguard Endeavor 20-60x82)
3. Took my Browning BAR 300wm to an armorer and he found an issue with my stock (it was slightly warped), which caused my barrel to not float and land in different spots between shots. Fixed and now I'm shooting sub MOA again.

jspradley

WKR
I think the only major purchases I have made this year are my Mathews Vertix and Swaro EL 12x50s so by default they are the biggest game changers... lol

Pezboat

WKR
1) For whitetail - Tethrd Saddle and platform. Love not having to pack in a hang-on stand anymore.

2) Kifaru tactical frame with the Nomad 2. Walking around with weight, has never been as comfortable as this.

3) Lowa Camino boots. Not really a game changer. Nice boots. And the only other thing I bought.

1. Outdoorsmans Tripod Adapter. So easy to pop the binos on/off
2. CNOC water bag/bottle. Makes filling the dirty bag much easier
3. Kuiu Kutana Pants. Tough, lightweight, tough, fast drying, tough

Btaylor

WKR
Crispi Valdres boots
An OR down jacket I got from Ryan on the Classifieds here.
Rope mods I did to my Helium sticks using amsteel.

1. CNOC water bag/bottle. Makes filling the dirty bag much easier
2. I actually made this purchase in 2012 or so: Sitka Ascent pants. Not long after buying them I "switched" my camo pattern to Kuiu stuff and got the Alpine's and hunted in those for 4 seasons. They are nice and fine but this year I went back to the Sitka, don't really care about camo at all now, and they are really nice pants. Lighter, dry faster, more durable than the Kuiu IMO.
3. Seek Outside Eolus. Lightweight tarp that bucks the wind and isn't a PITA to get in/out of.

GregB

WKR
SO Cimmaron and LO stove. There were a few days of 10-15 degree lows and it make things suck a lot less.

1. Sitka thunder head rain top and bottom
2. Sleeping setup( bridge hammock.0*underquilt, KIFARU DOOBIE!)
3. Salomon Quest 4D boots with “darn tough” socks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJG

WKR
things that were a game changer for me in a negative way,

1) slider type sight, having the third axis come loose, change for 2020 going back to a fixed five pin that doesn't have a third axis adjustment, I simply don't shoot far enough or steep enough to need it.
2) shooting a t-handle type release and having it in a zippered compartment while having an elk walk past, going back to a trigger type that is always on my wrist.
3) loud bino pouch and nylon pants, they simply make too much noise.

Really just overthinking some things that really aren't necessary for the type of hunting that i do. I'm never going to take a 40+ yard shot and don't need some of the equipment that is required for longer distances, and in order to get close to animals you must be quiet.