Top Tier Binos - What to get?

I am in the market for new some top tier binos. I previously had Swarovski SLCs and Swarovski ELs. I loved my SLCs but found that the ELs just didn’t fit my eyes. I couldn’t get them adjusted or focused just right for my eyes. That being said I am in the market for some new binos. I tend to like a more forgiving bino so I am hesitant to go with Swaro NLs as I have heard the eye box is more difficult to find that sweet spot. Does anyone have any recommendations? I like the Zeiss SFs but want to see if there are others I should look at. As for budget Id like to keep it under $3k if possible.

JDB9818

WKR
I just replaced my SLC 10X42's with the NL Pure 10X42's.

Like you I had the EL's but I had some issues with the "rolling ball effect" and I also had issues with just putting them up to my eyes and getting an unobstructed view without having to make small adjustments. At the time I felt like the SLC worked better for me and so I sold the EL's and "stepped down" to the SLC's.

I had heard people talk about the eye box on the NL Pures and I was concerned that I would be getting back into the same problem that I had with the EL's. I went ahead and bought the NL Pures to compare to my SLC's thinking I would keep the ones I liked best.

It only took a few seconds for me to decide that the NL's were awesome and so I sold the SLC's. I haven't had any of the issues with the NL's that I had with the EL's. The NL's are spectacular to me. I love the ergonomics and wider FOV, and I am super happy with my purchase. Having said that, I still think the SLC's are a great option as well and I would still have them if I didn't like the NL's so much.

This is just how the NL's worked for me, I'm sure there are other guys who might have a different opinion.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
As a long standing supporting vendor on this forum it would be our pleasure to discuss options and special opportunities with you. Please give us a call, 516-217-1000, if you have a few minutes

schmalzy

WKR
Very pleased with my Victory SFs. Balance in the hand extremely well. Ergonomically just work for me. I’ve had SLC’s and Geovids, and these are definitely my favorite.

If you can wait you can find them sub 2k on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk