torque issue

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
I have a new Halon 32 (yeah found a new one a little while ago) and am getting some fletching contact . I took it to the shop to have buddy take a look at the rest and he called saying he had some good news and some bad news . Good news is its shooting bullet holes . Bad news is i have my sight way to the left and I'm torquing the bow lol . I remember shifting my sight left more than i had expected (fast eddie XL) so that explains that . Compensating for my torque .

Question . do i try several different grips or try a mathews focus grip ?? I'm right handed and I guess I'm torquing it to the left (poi was left anyways ) . I'm coming off a hoyt so the flat back of the mathews 32 is different .

cheers

Greenmachine_1

Lil-Rokslider
Mostly-kidding

Have you tried not torquing your bow?

I haven't shot the Halon so I will be of no help to you. Sorry

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
S

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going to try and change my grip when i go shooting tomorrow . My usual grip on my hoyt was fine it seems to be the flat grip on the H32 that is giving me issues (though yes i know its actually still me ) .

Ac338

WKR
I also have a halon 32, here's what works for me To help with grip place your bow hand out at a 45 degree angle then put the line between thumb and pointer finger on the line in the middle of the grip. I shoot with a low wrist grip bow arm relaxed not stiff. Lightly close fingers, with a proper grip the thumb will point forward and with the hand gently closed not holding the grip only the pointer and middle finger will lightly touch the grip. Let the bow jump forward at the shot, don't try to hold it. No worries with dropping it if you have a sling.

Sammymusi

WKR
Hey man I've been battling with my vxr , took the grip off wrapped with head tape and seemed to help.. just gotta figure out what feels best for YOU.

OP
S

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
Well i had my brother check the string coming off the cam at full draw to see if it was perfect and he said it was (ie in alignment with the cam at draw ) . though I guess i could still have torque just not enough to have the string not in alignment with the cam . Either way I'm still shooting left . Next up is try some bare shafts as well as some different hand grips and likely order a mathews focus grip . Grouping was nice at least lol .

Gorp2007

WKR
If you're taking the Engage grip off anyways, using some grip tape could be an easy experiment. I feel like I get better feedback with hockey tape vs the Engage on my Traverse. With just the thin tape and riser I can tell immediately if it's even pressure or if I'm torquing right or left.

stonewall

WKR
I think you could try different grips. But the best benefit may be some drills and blank bale shooting.
I have the focus grip on my chill r and the flatback on halon. Idk which I prefer. Maybe the flat back actually. But the focus is supposed to help with torque. There’s an adjustable one out there you could try. Lancaster has it

OP
S

SnapT

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone . I'm going to try shooting it some more and work on my hand placement on the grip and if that doesnt work I'm looking at the Jesse Broadwater Ultragrip from lancaster or the mathews focus grip . I like the feel of the stock flatback , just cant figure out what I'm doing wrong lol . I'm pretty sure its me .
May try some bareshaft shooting to get an idea as well .

cheers everyone

I have a new Halon 32 (yeah found a new one a little while ago) and am getting some fletching contact . I took it to the shop to have buddy take a look at the rest and he called saying he had some good news and some bad news . Good news is its shooting bullet holes . Bad news is i have my sight way to the left and I'm torquing the bow lol . I remember shifting my sight left more than i had expected (fast eddie XL) so that explains that . Compensating for my torque .

Question . do i try several different grips or try a mathews focus grip ?? I'm right handed and I guess I'm torquing it to the left (poi was left anyways ) . I'm coming off a hoyt so the flat back of the mathews 32 is different .

cheers
Buy a true shot grip trainer for a few bucks and learn how to use a torque free bow arm/grip.