Torque wrench recommendations

So I finally have a Barrrett Fieldcraft on the way. One tool I'd finally like to get that I've never had is a torque wrench to enable checking and resetting the action screws (36 ftlb and 80 ftlb). What to you folks use for this type of work? Will the FAT digital wheeler or the weaver, both screwdriver styles that claim to hit this range, work ok - or do I need the true wrench style? Any specific ones to recommend that are a good value? Thanks!

OP
Runningwater
You are correct! So we are talking more like 4 to 8 newton's or so. So really any of the screwdriver styles should work?

Wapiti1

WKR
Yes, the screwdriver styles work fine for this. Fix-it sticks are a nice option as well, or a small inch-lb click style wrench from the hardware store.

If you go the ft-lb route, please post a video.

Jeremy

I personally use Fix-It Sticks for all of my action/scope ring/scope base screws and prefer them. That's including the action screws on my Barrett Fieldcraft.

BadDogPSD

WKR
Borka tools makes an excellent set of tools including torque wrenches that are designed for firearms. I also use Fixit sticks & a Wheeler Fat wrench depending on what I'm doing

tdot

WKR
Wera makes a nice little 1/4" drive torque wrench thats extremely repeatable as it actually locks in at each 0.1Nm setting. Fix it Sticks are nice, if you only needed 1 or 2, but their cost starts adding up. I needed 4 different torque values, now I'm up to 7 different settings through out my different rifles/scopes. Plus I have the ability to play with the torque to see what works best.

LaHunter

WKR
So I finally have a Barrrett Fieldcraft on the way. One tool I'd finally like to get that I've never had is a torque wrench to enable checking and resetting the action screws (36 ftlb and 80 ftlb). What to you folks use for this type of work? Will the FAT digital wheeler or the weaver, both screwdriver styles that claim to hit this range, work ok - or do I need the true wrench style? Any specific ones to recommend that are a good value? Thanks!
I recently bought the digital Wheeler Fat Wrench and it has worked fine. Just be very careful how you place the battery in the unit. It is easy to put it in incorrectly and the thing will not work. Read the directions completely.
I bought this based on the recommendation from Nightforce CS, since I needed something to torque my NF rings cross bolts to 100in/lbs onto my pic rail.

PNWGATOR

WKR
I believe this is the’do all’ torque limited for the fix it sticks that was mentioned: