Tossing and turning off your pad

isu22andy

WKR
Anyone have any solutions to tossing and turning off your pad in the middle of the night ? I sleep on my side and flip a few times in the middle of the night, or scruntch up and half the time I woke up off my pad . Not a terrible problem when its nice out but when its cold or theres a stove in the tent I get a little concerned. Ideas ?

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any solutions to tossing and turning off your pad in the middle of the night ? I sleep on my side and flip a few times in the middle of the night, or scruntch up and half the time I woke up off my pad . Not a terrible problem when its nice out but when its cold or theres a stove in the tent I get a little concerned. Ideas ?
sleep in a bivy so youre stuck on the pad

Marble

WKR
I place my pack on one side as a sort of body pillow and the tent wall on the other side.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Its a mental thing for me. When I am camped out and in a sleeping bag I just know I have to adjust in a certain way.

JNDEER

WKR
big agnes is the cure. If you want to try a fantastic "quilt" system check out ZenBivy. Make sure to have a wide pad and either option should fix your issue.

sneaky

"DADDY"
That ZenBivy looks awesome, too bad they're pretty heavy.
Heavy if you run their pad. You can run a different pad and it's no heavier than any other system. Their quilts are right in line weight wise with everyone else's. The pad sheet/ hood design is solid. Their pad is heavy and can easily be substituted. Not sure why you're singling them out as being heavy when in the big picture they're nowhere near the heaviest system out there.

rclouse79

WKR
I haven’t ever ended up off mine, but my 12 year old was constantly off his and was still sleeping! I would pay money to be able to sleep like that. I estimate I change positions ten plus times a night.

UtahJimmy

WKR
My bag (Sierra designs) has 2 sets of loops that I have some Lawton line hanging off. Once I blow up my pad I'll loop the line under the pad to the other loop and tie it off. Basically like pad straps that you'd use for a quilt. Not sure if all bags have the little loops built in though?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve used the pad straps before as my bag also has the loops for that purpose. However I ended up rubbing a pinhole in my pad where the strap was too abrasive on the pad.

mlgc20

WKR
In my experience, the best way to combat this is making sure your pillow remains in place. I use an Exped pillow that has tabs on either side. I tie some small shock cord to each tab and then attach the pillow to my sleeping pad. When I roll over or move around, I will subconsciously orient myself around the fixed pillow. Keeps me centered on the pad top to bottom and left to right. It a real game changer.

WildBoose

FNG
No...I have just accepted that I will toss, turn and eventually roll off lol. Waiting until I'm beyond tired has been the only thing that has helped.