Tough archery hunt unit 66 CO

CO res/native with 3 points polling all hunters in the same boat for what you are planning for SEP ‘22. I’m looking a 66, 20 and 501 in that order. What would you select and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoot

WKR
Dude I live in Kansas and we scouted Wyoming three times summer 2020 and Montana this summer. 17+ hour drives one way. Find a way if you want to.
Dos Perros, I think your suggestion is a really good one, but it's simply not realistic for many folks. Many people just don't have the vacation time to do it. Some people can't afford to do it- they dump all they've got to make one trip out west and are thrilled to be able to do that. In the end, it's about what you prioritize given a finite amount of money/vacation/time with family/etc and it's just not in the cards for some. Given that, they have to live with that decision and accept that they start a bit behind the 8 ball, given the couldn't/didn't scout.

Dos Perros, I think your suggestion is a really good one, but it's simply not realistic for many folks. Many people just don't have the vacation time to do it. Some people can't afford to do it- they dump all they've got to make one trip out west and are thrilled to be able to do that. In the end, it's about what you prioritize given a finite amount of money/vacation/time with family/etc and it's just not in the cards for some. Given that, they have to live with that decision and accept that they start a bit behind the 8 ball, given the couldn't/didn't scout.

We leave work on Friday, drive all night, scout hard Saturday and Sunday, and drive all night home. No vacation time spent.

We eat as if we were home so no incremental cost increase for food.

Sure, there is the cost of gas. I'm thinking it could be planned for in 6 years waiting on a tag.

I don't have personal experience with units all over the state, but 66 is a good unit IMO. I hunt the adjoining unit 67 every year now, and both units have produced nice bulls for me and my group.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
CO res/native with 3 points polling all hunters in the same boat for what you are planning for SEP ‘22. I’m looking a 66, 20 and 501 in that order. What would you select and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I can get the days to work...
Hunt AZ OTC archery deer in january (if the boss doesn't give me crap about not having the accrued days - which of course I wouldn't since its the beginning of the year and we don't get carryover)
For elk: I don't have any points but I'll buy a point and then hunt what\when I can in CO during Archery.
See if I can float hunting archery during muzzle loader in NM with either a draw or land owner tag.
Probably spend a long weekend hunting 2nd or 3rd rifle with whatever leftover B tag there happens to be.

Not unit specific for archery. As opposed to last year I'd want to hunt in an area that I knew had +12,000ft I could get to as opposed to between 9-10500 predominately depending on how the weather is looking.