Tough, quiet, cool pants

Higbean

FNG
I need some advise on pants for a hunt coming up. There will be a lot of waist high brush, beggars lice (burrs) and it will be hot to boot. I like my microtech pants from Cabelas, but the beggars lice bunches them up bad and I'd be worried about how they'd hold up in the brush. Almost considering my upland pants but they'd be too warm.

I'm only taking one pair of pants for 4-5 days hunting. What would you guys suggest?

OP
H

Higbean

FNG
Thinking the beggars lice would ruin the whipcords in short order. They stick to Filson Mackinaw like no tomorrow.

Rosin, I'll look into those. Thanks.

idig4au

WKR
Filson Single Tin pants work great for sticker/briar patch country. Those are my go to pants for upland game hunting or when heavy snow conditions are to be expected. And you never have to wash them, just hose the mud off at the end of the hunt and they are good to go.

DWarcher

WKR
Don't overlook the First Lite Kanabs...with all of the improvements to this pant this year it is now a legit option.

Last edited:

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rail riders would be my first choice. I've got whipcords, and Kuiu attack as well but they are awful with beggars lice.

I like the versatac lites.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
I got a pair of the First Lite Kanabs this year, great warm weather, durable (ripstop), light and cool. My new go-to warm weather pant.

OP
H

Higbean

FNG
Thanks for all the replies folks. I went ahead and ordered some attack pants with the hopes they will work for the beggars lice. My wife will be happy if they do. She gets tired of finding them stuck to her drawers.

+1 on the First Lite. Already caught mine on barb wire (love high country fences for cattle!!!!) and can't even notice the spot I caught it. LOVE the new 2012 Kanabs!

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for all the replies folks. I went ahead and ordered some attack pants with the hopes they will work for the beggars lice. My wife will be happy if they do. She gets tired of finding them stuck to her drawers.

You'll love the attack pants, but so will beggars lice. It's fairly easy to scrape them off with a knife blade though.

OP
H

Higbean

FNG
You'll love the attack pants, but so will beggars lice. It's fairly easy to scrape them off with a knife blade though.

Yeah, I ordered them on RosinBags rec before I saw yours. Hoping they don't bunch up the way the microtechs do.

JNDEER

WKR
BPS Redhead stalker lite pants or their old zip off style pants. I have three pairs and this past weekend going to get a bear in some thick crap they finally ripped on a big patch of buck brush as I was going over it. I love these pants for hot weather and anytime there are stickers or burrs of anykind.