Town and Country Oil Light

My family and I are heading west this weekend for a vacation. My daughters have antelope tags so we are going to spend a few days hunting antelope and then the rest of out time sight seeing. We have decided to drive my wife's 2016 Town and Country and it is close to needing an oil change, It has an oil change light that comes on and based on recommendations from our dealer, I have always changed the oil by this light. My question is.....if I change the oil prior to the light coming on is the computer smart enough to realize that the oil is clean or does the system need reset even though the change oil light hasn't come on yet? I have tried the Google machine for an answer, but couldn't find anything.

Rob5589

WKR
The system will be reset at the oil change by the tech. The computer generally goes by miles driven for the warning light. Some are built into the ecu, some you can set to come on at a certain mileage.

OP
B
This oil change light is supposed to be determined by a algorithm that takes into consideration how you drive, driving conditions, mileage, etc. I can and know how to reset the light. My question is.....will the reset procedure reset the duty life of the oil when the light isn't on? The only indicator that you are resetting anything is that the light goes off.