Toxic Broadheads

ckleeves

WKR
The CO regs read "each cutting edge must be in the same plane for the entire length of the cutting surface"

I can see where this is kind of a grey area. I have always thought it meant that if you were to look at a broadhead from the front for instance then the blades could not have any "twist"

If I understand the designer he is saying that if you were to hold the cutting edge of the blade at a 90 degree angle against a flat surface then the entire cutting edge would touch. I can see how this head would be legal if you look at it like that.

I may be wrong, just what I have always thought when I read that rule. The only problem I see is that going with the designers thinking then a Shuttle-T would be illegal and I have never heard one thing about them being illegal anywhere.

jmez

WKR
Penetration will be an issue with these heads. You better shoot heavy arrows fast or be a good tracker.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
Did some informal penetration testing today with these. These things are TOUGH!! I'm even more impressed with these heads now. Ill post a few more pics later.

The CO regs read "each cutting edge must be in the same plane for the entire length of the cutting surface"

I can see where this is kind of a grey area. I have always thought it meant that if you were to look at a broadhead from the front for instance then the blades could not have any "twist"

If I understand the designer he is saying that if you were to hold the cutting edge of the blade at a 90 degree angle against a flat surface then the entire cutting edge would touch. I can see how this head would be legal if you look at it like that.

I may be wrong, just what I have always thought when I read that rule. The only problem I see is that going with the designers thinking then a Shuttle-T would be illegal and I have never heard one thing about them being illegal anywhere.

Shuttle T blades are in the same plane. A plane is two dimensional. These heads have blade cutting surface in three dimensions, ie not one plane.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
OK here is a couple of crappy unedited videos I took with my phone. These are some informal penetration and durability tests. First is a solid 1" board and the second is a propane canister. These were all shot with the same head. Before we shot the board we had already put it through it once before. So this head has gone through that board twice and the can once with no broken blades. They did spread open a little after going through the can but still held up. We shot these with a 29/70 MR5 and Axis 340s. Again this is pretty informal but I think it clearly shows that these heads will do just fine again a rib bone and hold up extremely well. My co worker is going to do some testing and video of these and see how they do at longer ranges but so far everything has been quite impressive with this head.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vCrt1TwAYc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjVYNmM6J5Q

Last edited:
OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
Buddy did a little testing and put together a video of these heads. Might answer a few questions you may be having on these. My only complaint with them so far is that they arent available in a Deep Six version yet lol

[video=youtube;t1QjGFZOLEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1QjGFZOLEA[/video]

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
Illegal in Colorado and Wyoming, dang I can't use them ;) They can take a beating though!

Ok, well I got my pack of these heads to try out yesterday... I shot from 20-60 yards and every time the broadhead was consistently 8-12" higher than my FP.

Has anyone else that has USED these heads had this problem..? Left and right they were just fine, but they were shooting very high. Here are some pictures, 50 yard group and 60 yard group. Broadhead is in the black target.

50 Yards...
attachment.php

60 Yards..
attachment.php

Just for clarification, my bow is tuned and my form is great. Also, I shot these 5 times at each distance to compare them to my FP groups, it was consistently as high as you see in the pictures.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
Ok, well I got my pack of these heads to try out yesterday... I shot from 20-60 yards and every time the broadhead was consistently 8-12" higher than my FP.

Has anyone else that has USED these heads had this problem..? Left and right they were just fine, but they were shooting very high. Here are some pictures, 50 yard group and 60 yard group. Broadhead is in the black target.

50 Yards...
attachment.php

60 Yards..
attachment.php

Just for clarification, my bow is tuned and my form is great. Also, I shot these 5 times at each distance to compare them to my FP groups, it was consistently as high as you see in the pictures.

Haven't seen this. I have only seen one person so far not be right on target with this head.

Why are your broadhead tipped arrows in the target at an angle like that?