Toxic Broadheads

OR Archer

WKR
We received our shipment of the new Toxic Broadhead today and did a little playing with them. So far I'm pretty impressed with this head. I was a little skeptical at first when we ordered them. I had concerns the blades would be weak. I was surprised at just how thick the blades actually were. Shot them into an old 3D target we had laying around. It put quite a wound channel in that thing. We will be doing some more testing but so far I am really liking this new head. Definitely thinking outside of the box on this one.
019.jpg

017.jpg

014.jpg

020.jpg

With any luck I will be using these during my bear season, hope they get here soon. Should work just fine!

Hardstalk

WKR
Heard mixed results on the longer shots staying true. Curious what your findings are.

Illegal in CO, due to the cutting surface not remaining in the same plane throughout its edge...as are those old Crimson Talons for the same reason.

ontarget7

WKR
Wouldn't mind testing some out in the future. Looks like they might be a little noisy in flight. Any experience with them at the longer yardages yet ?

Thanks for sharing

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I remember looking at these with my local shop owner when he got back from the archery show he goes to thinking "those things are crazy looking!" I too was wondering how they'd be at longer ranges, but theres no doubt they'd be deadly. That wound channel is nasty... I'll have to stop by the shop soon and see if he's got any in yet so maybe I can try em out too. :)

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
I can't imagine those penetrate bone very well. I don't think I could bring myself to try them on any big game, just a little too risky.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
They will hold up just fine on bone. They have video on You Tube of them shooting through 3/4" plywood and there was no damage to the broadhead at all. The blades on these are very thick and stout and will hold up just fine against bone.

I can't imagine those penetrate bone very well. I don't think I could bring myself to try them on any big game, just a little too risky.

I was thinking the same thing.

Lots of blade to push through (much like a large cut mechanical) and not cut on contact.

Hardstalk

WKR
I read (archery talk I believe) one of the sales guys justified that they are legal in all states. The surface area never changes and they found a loophole. Some research may be necessary to prove that.

Hardstalk

WKR
This was the response to the exact same question I read.

O.p="Be sure you check your state's regs before you try these. Their blade surfaces are not all in the same plane, making them illegal here in CO and other states as well."

Random poster="You mentioned that in another thread. This is what the designer said in response to that."

Designer="Thanks everyone for your comments and questions. First off these are legal. If you take one of the blades off and set it on a flat surface, the cutting edge of the blade all touch the surface making the cutting edge on the same plane. The pictures are showing the blades having a curve, but its the picture. Your not seeing the blade at a true broadside view."

ckleeves

WKR
This was the response to the exact same question I read.

O.p="Be sure you check your state's regs before you try these. Their blade surfaces are not all in the same plane, making them illegal here in CO and other states as well."

Random poster="You mentioned that in another thread. This is what the designer said in response to that."

Designer="Thanks everyone for your comments and questions. First off these are legal. If you take one of the blades off and set it on a flat surface, the cutting edge of the blade all touch the surface making the cutting edge on the same plane. The pictures are showing the blades having a curve, but its the picture. Your not seeing the blade at a true broadside view."

I see what your saying. So the designer is saying that a broadhead like a Shuttle-T would be illegal correct?

Hardstalk

WKR
Im saying that I doubt they would limit their market. Therefore finding ways to twist co. regs is legit. I am very intrigued by the heads and a guy just recently posted pics of what they do to a target on eastmans forum. Look amazing. But no proof at longer ranges yet.

Ethan S.

Lil-Rokslider
They will hold up just fine on bone. They have video on You Tube of them shooting through 3/4" plywood and there was no damage to the broadhead at all. The blades on these are very thick and stout and will hold up just fine against bone.

I wasn't really concerned with durability. Like Coyote Commander said, there is just a lot of material there to push through. You can have the toughest broadhead in the world, but it isn't going to do any good if it can't penetrate. The little bit of common sense that I have is telling me that these won't penetrate very well.

I think as hunters we need to be as ethical as possible and that means if we can reduce the amount of risk of wounding an animal we should do it. By using these broadheads I think you are adding an unnecessary risk. But I may be wrong.