Toyota Double Cab

Jason__G

FNG
If you have a double cab have you ever wished you'd gone with the Crewmax?

I have had both. I prefer the crewmax for hunting/camping. I never had a time where I wished the bed was longer in the crewmax, but did have times where I wished the cab was bigger in the double cab. Most of this had to do with hunting or camping where I wanted the extra cab space for transporting gear in bad weather, or leaving more gear locked inside the cab at a trailhead, instead of in the bed. The extra space for people is always appreciated when three or more adults(or large kids) are going somewhere together. Sleeping in the bed is the same for me in either as I always have the tailgate down for sleeping.
With a canopy, this might change.
In between, I had a Ram 1500 and there is no comparison between the quality of build and performance in an American made truck and the Mexican-made truck. Ram had more issues out of the gate and after 3 years had run up over 3k in failed, non-warranty parts like door switches, boots, etc. The Ram handled poorly off-road. I had to go to 4hi to keep from fishtailing even on flat gravel. Something to do with gearing, weight, and torque not being well thought out. That Hemi just didn't get it done offroad.

I just ran Kelly on my '16 Tundra, and after 3 years of owning and 40k miles, it has gone down in value 5k from what I paid for it. Say what you want about Toyota, but they hold value better than any other truck out there.