Tract Optics Promo Code!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
toric_27-55x80_spotting_scope600x600_still1.jpg
Hey Roksliders
if you haven't heard of this operation, it's my pleasure to introduce them.

Jon LaCorte and Jon Allen (the "double Jons" I call them) both have deep roots in the optic industry, working for the likes of Redfield, Nikon and more.

Combined, they have decades of experience in the optics industry (watch their complete bio here) and will be an asset to Rokslide members.

We've known about them for a long time and are happy to introduce them as an official Rokslide sponsor.

toric_4.5-30x56_moa_elr600x600_still1.jpg

As a Direct-to-Consumer business, they're bringing great optics to hunters and a great price--more optic than what you paid for is a good way to put it. They pride themselves in great customer service, so be sure and take them task on that one, you won't be disappointed!

They currently offer Binoculars, Rifle Scopes, and are expanding their line of Spotting Scopes
toric_8x42_binocular600x600_still1_1.jpg

As part of their introduction, they're offering a non-expiring promo code "Rokslide5" to take 5% off your order (order 12/10 or 12/11 and get 10% off).

The Double Jons are also forum guys so watch for them interacting on the forum and hit them up with any optics questions, and of course welcome them to Rokslide.

Rodéo

WKR
Great to have them on as a sponsor! Thanks Robby! Love my 8x42 Torics

Tell us more about those binos...
I had 8x42s in my hands for a short time, as I picked them up at a secret location for a song and a dance. I mean such a loooooooooow price I could not refuse. I checked them against my Meopta 10x42s non hd, in low light conditions. They were every bit as good. Actually, considering I was comparing them to 10x's, they could be better. Comparing them to my 15x swaros just is not a fair comparison, so I won't go there. Since I have been doing some upgrading, I sold them here cheap, but for a profit. I kinda regret selling them as the Schott glass is pretty amazing. In short, that short exposure to their offerings got my attention.

Rodéo

WKR
Tell us more about those binos...
I'd be happy to!

They've seen a little over two seasons of use as my primary optic for everything from deer to waterfowl to turkeys. Outstanding low light performance compared to other bino's I've tried during the same time in the same price range (vortex viper, leupold bx4, maven C.1, and maybe one or two others I can't remember). I can glass well before sunrise and well after shooting light and pick up good detail up to a certain distance, about 350-500 yards depending on how dark it is and how big the thing is that I'm looking at. The brightness and crispness of the image has only been bested in my testing by the meopta meostar 8x32's I had for a little bit but the ease of viewing with the Toric's was enough to make me keep them over the meostars. They've been insanely durable, taking abuse and holding up to it without a flaw. Plus, in my convos with Jon & Jon, they've made it clear that if it says Tract on it and something goes wrong they'll make it write. That makes me happy.

As far as tripod use, I've been using them on a tripod with the field optics tripod adapter and they've been stellar, my one regret going with them as my primary bino's are no nock on the bino's themselves, but has to do with 8x magnification. 10x is too shaky for me to handhold, 8x's are perfect for that, but I wish I had the power of the 10's when I put them on a tripod.

I've been eyeing the Toric 12.5x50's for dedicated tripod glass and I might try some of those out against meostar 15x56's to see which one I like best for long-distance glassing. I'll post a review if I ever have those two bino's laying around at the same time.

Edit: I should note, my Toric's are the first-gen Tract Toric bino's. Not sure if they have schott glass or not or what the optical differences are between the two generations but thought I'd let folks know. Maybe one of the owners could chime in?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be happy to!

They've seen a little over two seasons of use as my primary optic for everything from deer to waterfowl to turkeys. Outstanding low light performance compared to other bino's I've tried during the same time in the same price range (vortex viper, leupold bx4, maven C.1, and maybe one or two others I can't remember). I can glass well before sunrise and well after shooting light and pick up good detail up to a certain distance, about 350-500 yards depending on how dark it is and how big the thing is that I'm looking at. The brightness and crispness of the image has only been bested in my testing by the meopta meostar 8x32's I had for a little bit but the ease of viewing with the Toric's was enough to make me keep them over the meostars. They've been insanely durable, taking abuse and holding up to it without a flaw. Plus, in my convos with Jon & Jon, they've made it clear that if it says Tract on it and something goes wrong they'll make it write. That makes me happy.

As far as tripod use, I've been using them on a tripod with the field optics tripod adapter and they've been stellar, my one regret going with them as my primary bino's are no nock on the bino's themselves, but has to do with 8x magnification. 10x is too shaky for me to handhold, 8x's are perfect for that, but I wish I had the power of the 10's when I put them on a tripod.

I've been eyeing the Toric 12.5x50's for dedicated tripod glass and I might try some of those out against meostar 15x56's to see which one I like best for long-distance glassing. I'll post a review if I ever have those two bino's laying around at the same time.

Edit: I should note, my Toric's are the first-gen Tract Toric bino's. Not sure if they have schott glass or not or what the optical differences are between the two generations but thought I'd let folks know. Maybe one of the owners could chime in?

good feedback. thanks. Im an 8x guy too. One of the Jons will be on and can clarify if Schott in gen 1. thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and glad to see you on as a sponsor. I’ve been using your scopes for years now. Started with a Toric 3-15 because it’s the perfect balance of weight, magnification and dials repeatedly and returns to zero for me.
have since added two tekoa scopes in 4-16 and 2-10 range.

Rodéo

WKR
Welcome and glad to see you on as a sponsor. I’ve been using your scopes for years now. Started with a Toric 3-15 because it’s the perfect balance of weight, magnification and dials repeatedly and returns to zero for me.
have since added two tekoa scopes in 4-16 and 2-10 range.
My tekoa 2-10 took a big hit on my last hunt this year. Haven't had a chance to check the functionality of the scope after the hit in terms of tracking but it took the hard fall like a champ. Really looking forward to getting out to the range soon to see if it held zero and see how it performs on a box test. I'll be really impressed if it performs well after taking such a big hit.

Any similar experiences with your scopes from tract?

My tekoa 2-10 took a big hit on my last hunt this year. Haven't had a chance to check the functionality of the scope after the hit in terms of tracking but it took the hard fall like a champ. Really looking forward to getting out to the range soon to see if it held zero and see how it performs on a box test. I'll be really impressed if it performs well after taking such a big hit.

Any similar experiences with your scopes from tract?
I can’t say I’ve fallen on them. I’m not particularly careful either though. I’ll pick the rifle up by the scope, toss the gun case around, pack it strapped to my pack with meat, etc.
The Toric 3-15 has been impressive because I’ve maxed out the elevation travel several times (no Moa rail and I need right at Max travel for 1000 yards most days) and it still goes back to zero. I also did a tracking test as Litz recommends in one of his videos. Something like 10,15,20,25 Moa up with groups at each including starting at zero then about halfway up and max up I went 10 left and right. Rifle is consistent 0.5-0.6moa when I do my part and as well as I could measure and shoot it tracked. Came back down to zero and shot right on top my group at zero before I started.
Didnt test the 4-16 Tekoa just put it on and started dialing and shooting. Has lined up as expected.

Tract Jon and Jon
I think it would be helpful if you went through which MOA your scopes dial in versus MOA of the reticles (true MOA vs shooter MOA)
Most probably won’t notice or know the difference but there are some good shooters on here.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Tract Jon and Jon
I think it would be helpful if you went through which MOA your scopes dial in versus MOA of the reticles (true MOA vs shooter MOA)
Most probably won’t notice or know the difference but there are some good shooters on here.

I didn’t know there was a difference

Whisky

WKR
IPHY (Inch Per Hundred Yards, shooters MOA) = 1" @ 100yd, 2" @ 200, etc..

True MOA = 1.047" @ 100yd, 2.094" @ 200, etc...

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Welcome to RS Jon and Jon. I've been a customer for a few years (binos and a few scopes), but it's been a while since I've pulled the trigger, so I'm now reminded to keep an eye on your site again.

As for the CS that Robby mentioned - it's awesome. I've even wondered if they ever leave the shop.

Rodéo

WKR
Happy to report my Tract Tekoa scope performed flawlessly today at the range after taking a big fall on it's last trip out to the woods. The rifle fell from my pack which I was manipulating to try and get my rifle into the SG rifle holster (a great reminder to practice with your gear at home) from about 4 ft off the ground and landed scope first on the top turret cover and hit a rock. I included a picture of the ding it took and I'm surprised the scope didn't have any damage with that big of a fall.

Point of impact appeared to have shifted about 1 MOA to the right, so I adjusted back to a 100-yard zero and did a 6 shot box test to confirm tracking.

All of this is at 100 yards shooting a howa 1500 in .308 with cheap tulammo, which is what I used to confirm zero prior to my hunt since it hits the same point of impact as the nosler e-tip 150 grain I hunt with.

My starting point was on the bottom right of the target, dialed up to top right (9 MOA), dialed left to top left (5 MOA), dialed down to bottom left (9 MOA), dialed to the middle (2.5 MOA right, 4 MOA up), and back down to the bottom left (4 MOA down, 2.5 MOA right) where the rifle placed the final round in the same hole that the first one went into. Each square on the target is one inch.

I'm really impressed with this scope's ability to take a hit and continue to perform as well as the clarity of the glass.

Disclaimer: I've only gotten started in rifle shooting so I'm by no means a great or even good shot. Also, this is far from scientific in terms of locking down variables and noting the results but this is a sufficient test for me to trust this rifle and scope on my next hunting trip in terms of accuracy and dependability.
Feel free to ask questions about the scope/rifle combo or anything else.

Attachments

• IMG_3399.JPG
    IMG_3399.JPG
    337.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3401.JPG
    IMG_3401.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3402.JPG
    IMG_3402.JPG
    259.9 KB · Views: 43
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Happy to report my Tract Tekoa scope performed flawlessly today at the range after taking a big fall on it's last trip out to the woods. The rifle fell from my pack which I was manipulating to try and get my rifle into the SG rifle holster (a great reminder to practice with your gear at home) from about 4 ft off the ground and landed scope first on the top turret cover and hit a rock. I included a picture of the ding it took and I'm surprised the scope didn't have any damage with that big of a fall.

Point of impact appeared to have shifted about 1 MOA to the right, so I adjusted back to a 100-yard zero and did a 6 shot box test to confirm tracking.

All of this is at 100 yards shooting a howa 1500 in .308 with cheap tulammo, which is what I used to confirm zero prior to my hunt since it hits the same point of impact as the nosler e-tip 150 grain I hunt with.

My starting point was on the bottom right of the target, dialed up to top right (9 MOA), dialed left to top left (5 MOA), dialed down to bottom left (9 MOA), dialed to the middle (2.5 MOA right, 4 MOA up), and back down to the bottom left (4 MOA down, 2.5 MOA right) where the rifle placed the final round in the same hole that the first one went into. Each square on the target is one inch.

I'm really impressed with this scope's ability to take a hit and continue to perform as well as the clarity of the glass.

Disclaimer: I've only gotten started in rifle shooting so I'm by no means a great or even good shot. Also, this is far from scientific in terms of locking down variables and noting the results but this is a sufficient test for me to trust this rifle and scope on my next hunting trip in terms of accuracy and dependability.
Feel free to ask questions about the scope/rifle combo or anything else.

Thanks for the feedback. I cringe and cuss when I drop a rifle!

Was the pack on your back when the gun fell? I have the SG sling and got mixed up when trying to pull a load lifter and released my gun instead. Got lucky like you did and no worse for the experience.

Rodéo

WKR
Thanks for the feedback. I cringe and cuss when I drop a rifle!

Was the pack on your back when the gun fell? I have the SG sling and got mixed up when trying to pull a load lifter and released my gun instead. Got lucky like you did and no worse for the experience.

Thankfully the pack wasn't on my back when the rifle fell. It was total user error.

I had taken my pack off when I got back to my glassing spot to retrieve my glassing pad I left behind (another rookie mistake) and had undone the quick release sling so I could adjust it for the hike back to camp. The pack was sitting on a rock and i was messing with the quick release trying to get it to attach to my rifle and my pack slipped which led to the rifle falling a few feet.

Trust me, there was cringing and cussing. This is why I love companies with good warranties though, as much as I try to take care of my gear, shit ends up happening and it's nice to know I'm covered when the price tags are so high on so much of the quality gear.