Trad bow from neighbor.

ZMT588

Alright guys my neighbor gave me his old Trad bow. Its an old Red Wing 58" 65# recurve. No string or arrows. I just started shooting a compound and don't have any real interest in a Trad bow YET. Also 65lbs on a recurve doesn't sound fun either. I could probably shoot it but I'd rather shoot something with a lighter draw weight. Anyone have any idea on a price range I could possible sell this for. I'm not looking to make a whole lot off of it. Like I said. I'm just not ready for a trad bow yet. Maybe in a couple years.

oldgoat

Probably $150ish, at that draw weight, probably hard to move, maybe make a cool wall art thing out of it would be best bet

smoke

I've seen several for sale recently with lighter draw weights - they were all selling in the $150-200 range. Actually very good bows!

bkspyder

Unless you are in need of making space, I would say keep it. You might work up to it someday. Or I'd say swap it for a recurve in a weight you do want - you'll probably get more value this way.

OP
ZMT588

ZMT588

Unless you are in need of making space, I would say keep it. You might work up to it someday. Or I'd say swap it for a recurve in a weight you do want - you'll probably get more value this way.

This would be the ideal situation. Even if I sold it the money would more than likely go right to another bow with a lighter draw weight.