Trad Tip

Kgentry

Lil-Rokslider
I’m still very new to stickbows but I seen a tip and I think it could be very helpful. A lot of you guys probably already know this but hopefully there’s someone that will Benefit from it. Take an arrow and place the nock end against the back of the grip and lay you arrow across the string. (Like you would with a bow square) and mark the arrow with a sharpie. Now you have a way to check your brace height while in the mountains or even a way to reset your brace height if something happened to your string and you needed to restring your bow in the field. Good luck to everyone this season and be safe!

Warmsy

WKR
I’m still very new to stickbows but I seen a tip and I think it could be very helpful. A lot of you guys probably already know this but hopefully there’s someone that will Benefit from it. Take an arrow and place the nock end against the back of the grip and lay you arrow across the string. (Like you would with a bow square) and mark the arrow with a sharpie. Now you have a way to check your brace height while in the mountains or even a way to reset your brace height if something happened to your string and you needed to restring your bow in the field. Good luck to everyone this season and be safe!
Clever. I just ordered a new bowstring because one of them separated. That will save some time tuning. Thanks!

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
It's also not a bad idea to mark your tiller. If I'm having unexplained misses I always check my brace height, tiller, and nocking point along with any screws (e.g., limb bolts, quiver bolts, etc.). There have been a number of frustrating times where I thought I was doing something wrong, but they were equipment issues instead.