Trad Vane ass whoopin

Rob5589

WKR
AAE specifically states not to clean the vane as there is primer/activator already applied.

OP
shoeshineman
I picked up a straight clamp and now glueing up trad vanes like a champ. I also found that the aft adjustment screw pocket is stripped out and now i just smoke that that down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
shoeshineman
Update! I emailed Bitz about the stripped pocket on my rig and they sent me a base for free! It just showed up on my doorstep today!

Thanks Bitz!

bitz.jpg

Bails-UK

FNG
I used a Bitz with right helical to fletch my 4" Trad Vanes on my GT Traditionals, didn't get massive helical, but I 4x fletched and they fly great. IMG_20220608_213738_841.jpg20220627_152751.jpg

Last edited:
I use a straight clamp with a little offset and it works great.
I really like the trad vanes. They're a lot quieter than feathers. Work great in the rain too.

FNG
These vanes have the worst base form ever. They just did not stick to my shafts. And I cleaned with acetone. I can glue on other vanes but these.
I stick with feathers. Canada goose for wet conditions.

Jdoc

Lil-Rokslider
I use a bitz for trad vanes and have had great success with both 3 & 4 inch. The advice i can offer is, I always use a wrap but you dont have to, I will only use the AAE glue for these, make sure your bits clamp is centered and when you grind down the clamp be sure your clamp edge follows the helical. Hope this helps.