Traditional bowhunting and fishing at the same time

OP
W
Goats normally are but as a rule I don't bother with the billies so much. They stink. You can dress them out fine but I'm not that desperate for a feed.

The cod are good eating normally, but they are in exceptionally poor condition at the moment. The river needs to recover properly and so do they. Having said that, they need to be between 55cm and 75cm to be legal, and all the ones I caught were undersized.

Personally, I don't eat cod anyway. I enjoy catching them too much and their populations don't fluctuate positively in big runs like salmon do, so I just look after them as a resource.

Stuie88

FNG
Great video mate, looks like an awesome day in the bush! What area you from? Not looking for spots just curious, I'm down in Vic

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Those the same basic species as the Murray cod? Can’t imagine they’d taste good sitting in the same hole months on end.
hows the hunting system work for Sambar down in Victoria?

ozyclint

WKR
Yes, they are Murray Cod.

As for Sambar in Victoria, you simply purchase a deer stalking license then you can hunt on private land with permission or public land that is open to deer hunting. (which is a lot) the 'game management authority' in Victoria has all the info.

Well done Dylan

OP
W
Those the same basic species as the Murray cod? Can’t imagine they’d taste good sitting in the same hole months on end.
hows the hunting system work for Sambar down in Victoria?
Absolutely. If I were to eat a cod, it'd be from faster flowing water for sure. The ones in dams get really fat and smell like mud when you cut them open, but I'm not a huge fan of any freshwater fish. I need to get into some of the trout in my area.

Clint has the run down on the sambar stuff worked out. :)

OP
W
It sure is, mate.

I went out with a rifle to shoot a deer yesterday but the feed has spread them far and wide and I couldn't make it happen!