Traditional Hunting Books

Southbow

FNG
It stirs my heart just to read the titles of these books and remember the stories within them. I love to read and have most of these books.

I would venture a guess and say many current traditional bow hunters grew up reading the stories of adventure and felt drawn to the experience. When I started hunting with an old bear recurve over 30 years ago I didn’t realize anyone hunted that way anymore. I just wanted that Fed Bear experience.

Without a doubt the best hunting books I’ve read were from traditional archers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GLB

OneSkinnyHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Not traditional - but “The Man-Eaters of Tsavo” by J.H. Patterson is a great read as well. And when your done reading it it you can watch the movie “The Ghost and the Darkness”, which is loosely related to the book.

sveltri

WKR
A Quiet Place of Violence: Hunting and Ethics in the Missouri River Breaks

An awesome book.

Skuhzz

FNG
Great thread thanks for all the recommendations guys, I have some reading to do! I absolutely love traditional bowhunter magazine, can't recommend that enough

Olyhunter

FNG
Some great “Traditional Hunting” books on this thread. My personal favorites have already been mentioned, Chet Stevenson’s book The Old Bowhunter and Glenn St Charles book Bows On The Little Delta. Lotsa Northwest history in the both of them. Had the honor of meeting and speaking with Glenn a few times while at his archery shop in Normandy Park. A real deal advocate for archery and hunting. And a great writer to boot. Enjoy

X’s 2 on “The old bow hunter”, great read. Can never go wrong with 1,000 campfires. Tom Kidwell’s “Another Old Bowhunter” is very good, Great guy too.

OneRingTrTa

Lil-Rokslider
I'm finally getting around to reading two that I bought a few years ago... Precision Bowhunting and Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails by John and Chris Eberhart. I'm almost done with Precision Bowhunting and it is full of good info.