Traditional hunts, fun and gaining experience

bisblue

WKR
Hey folks watching the new season of Meateater and they hunt feral goats in Hawaii, (I'm curious what bow Cal was shooting).

It got me thinking,
  1. What is the most fun you've had hunting with a traditional bow?
  2. What is the best bang for your buck hunt to get more experience with a traditional bow?
My finest would be a spike elk hunt in Nevada, I didn't see a spike, but had screaming bulls coming into us one after another. We also got to pack in with my llamas over 11k get and drop down the other side in my favorite unit. I used to hunt the same place without llamas, but eating real food and hunting deeper down the other side of the mountain was pretty styling.

For experience, I sure had fun on my first javelina hunt, just getting to see them and do multiple stalks was really good experience. Although I'd love to travel at some point for another high opportunity hunt.

GLB

WKR
The most fun and something I can do with the stickbow without any planning/packing/drama is small game hunting. Grouse in particular. I can walk the trails and not have to be quiet.

Boydo90

FNG
Squirrels and rabbits run until February 15 for us in Illinois so I take the bow out on the weekends and hunt small game. Once those close i just stump shoot/lose arrows