Trail cam reccomendations?

outdoors

FNG
I run the Primos also. On sale and a rebate...no brainer!! For that price if one gets stolen...knock on wood hasn't happened...its easier on the wallet. If one gets chomped by a bear...2x this has happened...easier on the wallet. BTW, one still works even with the sensor punctured. If one shit tanks...eventually if you own enough cameras one will...easier on the wallet. Game cameras seem to be very finicky but I have always had good luck with the Primos. I have 10/15 in the field at any given time.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Stealth Cam G34, simple, can be had less than $100 at BlackOvis. great photos, long battery life. Only thing I can't comment on is durability beyond one season, as I only ran them in 2017 so far.

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I've started running the Cuddeback - Silver Series Black Flash. Trigger speed is good, battery life is good so far (8 months on the same set of batteries taking over 1000 pictures) and easy to use. Due to the fact that the bears in my area love ripping these off tree's, i've paired them with the CuddeSafe metal enclosure and all has gone smooth.

notchfir3

Lil-Rokslider
I would not say there the "best" camera for under $100 but we have had good luck with the small sized Wildgame cameras. As with a lot of the Chinese made cameras, they seem to be hit or miss. I know many people don't like them but we have been running six or seven with good results.

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
Browning strike force gets my vote every time. I did a lot of research and finally bought one and that's all I have now. Last year in September 2017 I put up a trail cam with a new set of batteries and left it through hunting season and was going to get it in the spring but they never opened the roads back up. So I did not get back in to get it until October of 2018. I had no illusion that it would still be taking photos. I didn't even check it until I got home and pulled the card and it had taken pics of me taking it down 13 months later. I was amazed. They take great photos too and are pretty light to carry. I always use a bear box and then they get heavy. Browning strike force....you won't regret it

I took the risk and went with the “Amazon Special” game cameras. I paid about $40 each and was curious how it was going to pain out. Well it’s safe to say that it was worth it. Great picture and video quality, easy to use and a great price. The reviews are iffy at best, but I would recommend them! IMG_2963.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with the Brownings as well, Battery life is good, night pics are decent. I've got about 10 of them in 3 different versions, Oldest one is 3 years old and still works well, only thing to watch is if the battery gets below 60% they stop taking night pictures, I throw a new set of batteries in at the beginning of the season and they're good to go for months.

Jsc

FNG
I have hade good luck with bushnell trophy cans, especially for battery life. Recently I have been using a couple browning dark ops cams and they are nice, however one also developed a glitch and seems to quit taking night pictures once the battery is around 60%. The other one is still running strong

I’ve used pretty much bushnell trophy cams all my life until last year. I hunt primarily public land so cheap is the way to go. I own 3 of the Tasco trail cams, 1 6mp, 2 8mp, and they have worked great. Only problem I had with one was the battery pack no longer clips in, I think I broke it on a cold day trying to jam it in there. This year I had all my cameras at one time pretty much not work, it was hit or miss. I lost tons of potential good pictures. Found out I had to reformat the cards every single time! Never new I had to do that. For the money those tascos aren’t bad at all!

cfbrown81

FNG
Exodus, Bushnell, browning. 5 year warranty on the exodus is nice but the price is a major downfall.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've had good luck with the Brownings as well, Battery life is good, night pics are decent. I've got about 10 of them in 3 different versions, Oldest one is 3 years old and still works well, only thing to watch is if the battery gets below 60% they stop taking night pictures, I throw a new set of batteries in at the beginning of the season and they're good to go for months.

Hey, what do you think about the Browning Strike Force trail camera? I d agree that the Brownings has earned a good reputation, I've read a review that listed this as a top choice The 10 Best Trail Cameras of 2019. What are your thoughts about it? Thanks

jac68984

FNG
Another vote for the Browning Strike Force. But I have been known to buy other brands when on sale. Bushnell and Primos are good buys when on sale.

Rokwiia

WKR
"I want basic cameras that have little to no flash at night with long battery life. I do not need studio quality pics or great video or cell service, I just want to be able see what is passing by, long battery life and durable. What would you recommend? "

Stealth Cam models have very long battery life. The 4K and 45NGX and 42NG models are listed by the Company as no glow. I have the first two and am very pleased with them.

Here is an excellent article about no-glow vs low-glow:

https://www.trailcampro.com/collections/no-glow-infrared-trail-cameras

wthunter

FNG
Hey, what do you think about the Browning Strike Force trail camera? I d agree that the Brownings has earned a good reputation, I've read a review that listed this as a top choice The 10 Best Trail Cameras of 2019. What are your thoughts about it? Thanks

I run about 20 of the various Browning Strike Force models. I have the original Strike Force cams, Strike Force Elite, Pros, and Extremes. Each model within the Strike Force group of cams have their positives and negatives, but they are all solid cams. Battery life on all of them are amazing. The Extremes have the best battery life and a very fast trigger speed but not the best night time pictures. Trigger range is ridiculous long. The nice thing about the Pro model is the built in viewer, it really helps with cam setup. I'm not a fan of the adjustable angle on that cam though. If you get a squirrel or raccoon climb up the tree, they can cause the camera to point down.

Like others have stated, many of the Brownings will stop taking night pictures around 60-65% battery life. I think this is more due to the battery life sensor not being the best. What people forget to mention is the cam has already taken 12,000-15,000 pictures before it hits 60-65%. I've also had trouble with some of the battery trays. Other than that, I have been happy with my fleet of Browning cams.

Typically you can find the Strike for Elite, 850's, or Extremes on sale for around $100. Technically all of those models are discontinued but they can be found. In fact my local Scheels store has some 850s in stock for $100. Trailcampro has some Strike Force Extremes in 2 and 4 packs for around $110-$115 per camera.