Trail cam under $100

Chad44

Lil-Rokslider
Is it possible to get a good one for that price? I don't own one yet and am thinking of getting one but I'm over whelmed with all the choices. I'd set it up in elk country for a few weeks or so and on a chunk of private land and see what's on it.
Thanks

blb078

WKR
Heck yea, I got 3 wildgame red4 micros for 99 on ebay(total, not ea), brand new in the package and everything. They're still out in the woods and have been out since mid Aug. No issues w/em. I will say it seems like most trail cams are hit or miss. Someone will say great things about theirs then someone else w/the same one will say bad things. You can also make them really easy w/a basic camera, or you can just buy a basic digital camera and buy the kit to make it all.
Here is a forum for those diy-ers that want to make cams. http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?showforum=4
I have 6 total, but since I got 3 for so cheap I'm actually going to take one on my elk hunt in WY this fall, even though it's more weight it gives me a set of eyes over a waterhole or a trail.

IAHNTR

WKR
The Bushnell's from Wal-mart are right at 100 and I believe they are the best cam for that amount. Do a search on Archerytalk and you will see. I have 2 of them and so far so good (a year). They do video or picture and take AA batteries and the batteries last a good while too.

Shrek

WKR
Check out chasinggame.com for reviews. I've used a bunch of them and all the less expensive one's are hit and miss. I've got some IR 4's from three or four years ago that are great and then bought six more the next year that all died within one summer. I got two refurb primos 46 cameras this past summer that worked great and paid about $60 each tmd. I'm hoping you get one of the good one's. The only one that I would never buy is cuddieback. The "centering technology " is just a very narrow sensor field that misses everything in the periphery.

blb078

WKR
The only one that I would never buy is cuddieback.

Totally agree w/this, I have a $150 cuddy that crapped out on me after about 4 months. As already stated they seem to be hit/miss, not only the cheaper ones but all of em in general. I wouldn't even bother with buying one new from a retail store unless it's a hell of a deal mainly due to the hit/miss factor. Hit up ebay, craigslist, and the classified sections of some forums and get em for half off or something.

Shrek

WKR
Try Natchez shooting supply for primos refurbs. They had a bunch before Christmas and they may still have some. I got two last spring that worked great all summer and fall. I left them with the deer club I was in and as far as I known they are still going strong.

Shrek

WKR
And one more thing , get a low pixel count camera. They go a lot longer on a card and write faster in cheap cameras. A 3 to 5 k camera will get it done all day long.

wapitibob

WKR
Tasco 5mp are $79 at amazon. I have 4 of them and they never skipped a beat. Batteries lasted for months. Pictures are fine.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chec out SPYPOINT cameras.....they have a lockable housing and some of there models are $99....
PICT0053-001.jpg